It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Burns & Injuries Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2012, 09:24 PM   #1
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Talking Preventing injuries from car accidents

Hi this is an effort at preventing injuries from car accidents.

I wish people would not use technology in cars much, people look or listen to their tech instead of on the road and paying attention to what is happening there. I wish they would not use alcohol, cigarettes or tobacco there for the same reason. The use of these have been responsible for many an accident.

People should also review the rules of the road once in awhile and be courteous to other drivers. Things like watching for pedestrians, bicycles, motorcycles etc. not going too fast or too slow and not following other cars too closely are all important.

If people avoided hot spices (causes a temper), cigarettes (causes irritability when the next cigarette can't be gotten right away), meat (known to cause aggression) and sugar which sometimes goes up then down to low causing irritability perhaps they might not have so bad a temper causing things like road rage.

Proper sleep is also important to help with good tempers and to avoid falling asleep on the road.

Years ago I was showed many cars after car accidents. It was clear that often there is a space in the center of the car where there is less potential for someones legs or arms to be crushed. It involves keeping ones arms and legs and body off the door and as far from it as possible and as far back from the front as possible.

So if other causes are thought of these are also welcome and be careful driving out there. Peace sjb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply