It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Burns & Injuries Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2012, 07:28 AM   #1
(female)

Xusha HB User
Infected Burn

My 21 year old daughter has a burn on the back of her left leg. The doctor says it has turned into a staph infection and is treating her with Bactrim twice a day and bactroban ointment on the wound 3 times a day. He says to keep it covered with a breathable bandage at all times. She started the treatment Friday evening and now it is Sunday morning and not any change. Does anyone know how long it should be before we see results? Thank you for any feedback.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2012, 07:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Infected Burn

Usually within 2 days, there is some visible improvement. Depending on the size and depth of burn and infected area, she may need oral antibiotics as well. I would note the red area around the burn, and if it is getting larger or more painful, swollen, I would take her to urgent care or ER today. If it is no worse today, but no better tomorrow, I would call Dr who treated her and let Dr. know the status. Any fever should be reported immediately, as that would indicate the infection is significant and perhaps systemic requiring more aggressive treatment.

Last edited by ladybud; 07-15-2012 at 08:34 PM. Reason: typos

The Following User Says Thank You to ladybud For This Useful Post:
Xusha (07-15-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2012, 03:39 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Greetings Xusha! Welcome to the burns and injuries message board! I would take all the antibiotics prescribed for the time allotted and try not to miss any. If one is missed then the missed one should still be taken at the end of the course in my opinion. I would contact the professional and explain that it is no better. After all of the prescribed things are done sometimes the natural things can still heal an infection that the antibiotics failed to take care of. I would be sure that no sweets are taken in during the antibiotic course and only small amounts of fats and only a small to moderate amout of protein.

Germs grow on sugar and the body converts the other items to sugar. After the bactroban is done I would want to put aloe vera leaf juice fresh from the plant itself and then let it dry and expose it to light and keep it cool and dry. If the area did not improve with antibiotics I might use the zinc tea tree oil tablets for a limited time of maybe 14 days or so. I might use more lemon, grapefruit, lime, kiwi, garlic and onions while healing. Peace, sjb

Last edited by sjb; 07-15-2012 at 03:42 PM. Reason: deletion of unwanted quote

The Following User Says Thank You to sjb For This Useful Post:
Xusha (07-15-2012)
Old 07-19-2012, 08:10 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Greetings Xusha! It has been a few days and I am hoping things are better!

Reply Reply