It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Burns & Injuries Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2012, 08:34 PM   #1
(female)

MeagennegaeM HB User
Unhappy Friction Burns, Infected?

So about a week ago I got really bad rug burn on both my knees. In about a week it scabbed over and the scabs peeled off, though the skin was still pink and sensitive. Then last night I seemed to have re-opened them? Or got friction burn from wood on top of them? (Because, yes, this time it was wood not carpet.) Now both of my knees are extremely red and swollen. Is it infected? Is it something worse? Do I need to go to the doctor? I don't necessarily want to approach the subject of how I got hurt to my parentals, so if this can be treated with some peroxide and a bandage, please let me know ASAP!
Thank you,
Meagen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2012, 04:19 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Friction Burns, Infected?

Greetings, MegganegaeM My sympathies, I see it has been a few months and wonder if everything is better, if not then yes the professional might be needed. An herbalist might do a good job. Of course everyone makes their own healthcare decisons. I would be interested to know how things go if desired. Peace, sjb :Wave:

Last edited by sjb; 12-05-2012 at 03:20 PM. Reason: additon made

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply