It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Burns & Injuries Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2012, 07:43 PM   #1
(female)

BubbleGuppy HB UserBubbleGuppy HB User
Very possibly broken finger: no bruising

Today, before I left school to go home, I used the restroom... The bathrooms at my school (I'm leaving at the end of the 1st quarter and going online, I can't take the bullying and stuff anymore) have very HEAVY, 4 inch think solid wood doors.

I came out, but dropped my cell, so I reached down to pick it up and was holding onto the door frame... The door shut on my ring finger. They don't close quickly until the last foot of space... About 300 pounds slammed my finger against the metal door frame.

It swelled up immediately, and there's a little cut from the edge of the wood. Not bad, just a little one. The most amount of bruising is around that little cut.

So, there's the hand knuckle, the second knuckle, then the first knuckle, then the tip of your finger... My finger is stiff to move from the hand knuckle. Can barely move the second knuckle, and I can't move the first knuckle AT ALL.

The space between the first knuckle and the middle knuckle is hard and swollen and has the cut on it.

That finger curls in more than the other ones when I relax my hand, and I can't straighten it out fully because it hurts so bad.

I heard a crack, but I don't know if it was just a knuckle cracking or the actual bone. There's no bruising, really, but there's lots of pain, stiffness, and swelling. My mum doesn't want to take me to the doctor because she doesn't think it's broken because there's no bruising... I don't have an extra finger splint (This is the second broken finger on the same hand)

Should I have my dad take me to the doctor and get it looked out, or can I just order a splint from Walmart online or something?

Btw, sorry if this is in the wrong place. ;p

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply