It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Burns & Injuries Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2012, 08:50 AM   #1
(male)

Arjythesheep HB User
Question Hit head - worried if serious

I just hit my head about an hour ago on the inside of a cupboard, while I was searching for something. It hurt a bit then and there was a bump, but didn't seem to bad. But I started feeling a bit hot and having a slight head-ache afterwards; t felt like a headache all over, rather than just in one specific part.

I have been rathe busy and active the past few days, so I feel the headache MAY be because of my activities. So I just took panadol and am going to sleep.

But I am worried the headache (and tiredness) may be because of some other injury. I shall see tomorrow how I feel, but should I see a doctor? Or is this only a minor injury?

The headache is very minor, but I am scared it may still be serious. Any advice will be sincerely appreciated.

Old 12-16-2012, 06:07 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Hit head - worried if serious

Argythesheep! Welcome to the General Healthboards and greetings! I am sympathetic to the headache. A cold ice pack may help a bit and or a massage gently with slight circular motions with fingers spread all over the head with both hands. Of course everyone is in charge of their own healthcare decisions and yes it has potential to be serious even if consciousness was not lost or did not seem to. Usually if consciousness was not lost things may be O.K. The emergency room could be seen and an MRI done to be sure there is no bleeding inside. Sometimes a slow bleed over a period of even days or possibly weeks can still be serious I understand. Headache and tiredness could be symptoms of the injury, illness or as stated a busy stressful time. I hope the needed support is obtained. I would not go heavy on medicines. Of course everyone makes their own healthcare decisions. Peace, sjb

Last edited by sjb; 12-16-2012 at 06:11 PM. Reason: addition and disclaimer made

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply