It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Burns & Injuries Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2012, 08:31 PM   #1
(male)

techguy1810 HB User
Cut Knee, infected or not

A few days ago, I was riding a moped when I feel and scrapped my knee on the concrete (note, I was wearing shorts, something I highly regret now). My arm and other parts of my leg had small cuts, and they seem to be fine. My only concern now is the scrape on my knee. It is about the size of a quarter (or perhaps a bit bigger) and the cut is all pink when its dry. If you look really closely, you can see the thin layer of skin that surrounds the cut. Anyway, I've had it bandaged for the past 4 days (yes, i've been changing bandages and cleaning it with several disinfectants) and today, i decided to not put a bandage on it. I noticed that the cut released light yellow liquid at first and then it stopped. Now it is releasing red liquid (semi-clear) every 10 min or so. I want to know whether it is infected or not. I've applied an antibiotic on it. It doesnt feel hot or is it swollen. The only time it hurts is when I touch it, or when I remove a bandage from it, that somehow gets stuck to the dry delicate pink flesh and it hurts a lot when I remove the bandage.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2012, 04:24 PM   #2
(female)

NJLinda HB UserNJLinda HB UserNJLinda HB UserNJLinda HB User
Re: Cut Knee, infected or not

Hi. It sounds like it is healing properly. As long as it is not bright red, hot and inflammed with pus, keep on covering with antiboitic cream. You might want to take the bandage off while sleeping so the wound can dry out and scab.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply