It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Burns & Injuries Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2013, 01:06 PM   #1
(male)

lilphilog HB User
Is it possible for a cut to close up but still haven't healed inside?

Is it still possible for a cut to close up but still haven't healed? if i'm i'm correct a cut wouldn't even close at all it was something stuck in it right ? I'm asking because i had a cut on my finger that came punching a glass picture, i looked inside it to make sure it wasn't any glass stuck in it which it didn't feel like and i didn't see any... I kept my finger straight and bandaged for a week so it can close up which in my mind i was "thinking" it fully healed but it stills hurts a little bit when i pressed down on it and its raised up more than the other finger.

Here are some pictures -

image shack dot us/a/img824/5119/ingb.jpg

image shack dot us/a/img24/3416/3nlu.jpg

Old 07-02-2013, 02:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Is it possible for a cut to close up but still haven't healed inside?

It is possible for a cut to heal on the surface with a foreign body or collection of blood or pus underneath. That will cause continued pain, redness, swelling and possibly oozing out of cut. Some glass is radioopaque, meaning it will show up on xray. I would get an xray of your finger so if there is glass inside, it can be removed. Otherwise, it will continue to hurt and stay inflamed until it comes out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #3
(male)

lilphilog HB User
Re: Is it possible for a cut to close up but still haven't healed inside?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybud View Post
It is possible for a cut to heal on the surface with a foreign body or collection of blood or pus underneath. That will cause continued pain, redness, swelling and possibly oozing out of cut. Some glass is radioopaque, meaning it will show up on xray. I would get an xray of your finger so if there is glass inside, it can be removed. Otherwise, it will continue to hurt and stay inflamed until it comes out.
OK Thank you so much for the feedback

Reply Reply