It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board

Bladder cancer treatment question

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-12-2017, 04:10 PM   #1
Rkp72
(female)

Rkp72 HB User
Bladder cancer treatment question

I saw blood in my urine. Went to my doctor and he did urine test that showed microscopic blood. He referred me for a ct scan and to a urologist. Ct scan report did not show any abnormalities . Urologist looked over ct scan and said he did seen something in bladder. He then did cystoscopy in his office and saw tumor. I had TURBT approximately 2 weeks later. Biopsy showed: high grade papillary urothelial carcinoma . Carcinoma invades the Lamina propria (pt1). No muscularis propria (detrusor muscle) is present for evaluation . The urologist advised that I take vitamin C and come back for another cystoscopy in 4 months. I returned for repeat cystoscopy as directed. The doctor said he saw bb sized tumors and a reddened area. I was scheduled for TURBT in 1 week. Biopsy showed : Superficial fragments of high grade papillary urothelial carcinoma. Lamina propria and muscularis propria (detrusor muscle) not present for evaluation. The doctor recommended 2 rounds of systemic chemo at an Oncologist and to come back for another cystoscopy in 4 months. Does this seem to be best course of treatment or should I seek second opinion from another urologist?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2017, 12:18 PM   #2
renko
Veteran
(female)

renko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB User
Re: Bladder cancer treatment question

I had a tumor in my bladder and was given 6 treatments of BCG which is live TB virus infused into my bladder. It has been 6 years and no trace of tumor or cancer. I would get a second opinion and take all your results to some other urologist to have peace of mind. That is what I would do and research about this bladder cancer. Did it go through the wall of your bladder and what are other procedures to follow if any. Best wishes to you.

The Following User Says Thank You to renko For This Useful Post:
Rkp72 (02-22-2017)
Old 03-28-2017, 09:10 AM   #3
Voxx976
Veteran
(male)

Voxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB User

Partner, a senior-senior had a bladder lesion (high grade, but Stage 1) accidentally discovered on a CAT scan of the abdomen (for something else.) He went to a urologist and had cystoscopy and then surgery: same TURBT as OP.
Urologist recommended a second surgery/biopsy to check deeper and then 6 BCG treatments or else just the BCG. Partner's age argues against a second surgery and deep anaesthesia so we will go just BCG.

Partner's boss had 4 recurrences of bladder tumors, all removed, and then CBG which was experimental at the time. He has been free of cancer for the past 13 years.

So we are hopeful for a good outcome. The way I understand it, after 6 weekly treatments it is two or three more per year for a while and then just annual cystoscopies.

Rkp, I think you should seek another urologist and DO mention CBG...it sounds like something of a miracle. It sets up a bladder inflammation and the body attacks with killer T-cells, wiping out trace cancer cells along with the bovine TB-like disease.

Last edited by Voxx976; 04-11-2017 at 07:39 AM.

Old 08-04-2017, 10:35 AM   #4
Voxx976
Veteran
(male)

Voxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB UserVoxx976 HB User

So sorry,

Not CBG but rather BCG: Bacillus Calmette–Guerin.

Reply Reply

« bcg | - »