It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2001, 12:10 PM   #1

SallyH HB User
Question bladder/urethra allergies? please help?

Hi, i really need help, im confused! basically, i am an allergy sufferer for many years now (im 30) but lately ive had some strange symptoms, that ive not heard are related to allergies at all. I usually suffer sinus, nasal, and mild food allergy problems. About 3 months ago, i had my first bladder infection, it was cleared with antibiotics. Around two weeks later i had similar yet much milder symptoms come on, without the frequency, urgency, and bad pain. The only thing i have is mild urethra pain, and its very uncomfortable. ive had these symptoms ever since? they seem to come on mid afternoon/evening, they are not there in the morning at all. I thought they may be allergy related? but i didnt think an allergy could effect that part of the body? It also gets worse before my period. Can anyone help me out there? does anyone else have these symptoms ever? please help - sally

Old 04-19-2001, 07:59 AM   #2

kdoubleu HB User
Hi Sally,

I recently started seeing a Physical Therapist for vaginal pain (I've written about it under Sexual Health - Women, in the "Anyone Have Vulvodynia" post). The idea is that there may be pulled/weak muscles in my groin area that are causing me pain. I get pain in more areas than you do, but my PT said that the pain I get in the urethra/clitoris area could also be from the same thing. She says the pelvic floor muscles extend up there. And my period makes it worse too, which she said was normal since the uterus is doing it's stuff. The exercises she has me doing are helping with much of my vaginal pain so far. Could you have pulled a muscle in your groin?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2001, 12:42 PM   #3

Lesley HB User
Hi! My son had UTI-like symptoms when I put him on soy milk! The doctor said he didnot have a UTI, but he had straining, frequency, urgency, and even slowing of his urine stream. I don't know if it is overuse or hypersensitivity or allergy or the thickeners in the milk...but when I took him off soy it went away - 50% better in 24 hours, totally better after a week. So if you use soy products, you may want to do a trial without them. Also, too much soda causes me similar problems to yours and I have had something similar when taking a product containing chromium.

Old 05-31-2001, 02:16 PM   #4

Jessica5 HB User
I have similar symptoms. I also have had incontenience(mild) when I sneeze, laugh or cough. I've had that since my first child. In March, I got a viral infrection. The main symptom was a cough, that lasted almost two months. I coughed so hard that I had to start using Serenity pads. It was during this time, that I noticed the pain (sometimes) when I urinated. The cough also brought on hemorrhoids, and started my period. All cleared up. Then I started to react to the high pollen count. Now, I just make a wheezing sound that will eventually clear, but I cough to clear my throat. Dr said it was just allergies. I have the pain again when I urinate. I'm sure it's from the coughing from allergies. Today, I'm waiting to hear if I have an infection. My gut feeling is that it's more of a strain from incontenience when I cough. Does any of this sound familiar?

Closed Thread