It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2004, 01:31 PM   #1

mikej03 HB User
Burning sensation in bladder when sitting

I need help....

since last wednesday I've felt a weird sensation in my bladder when I sit down. It feels like a burning sensation and like someone is pressing on it. However, it does not burn when I pee, but going to the bathroom does relieve the sensations.

I thought I might have a bladder infection so I went to the doctor's office to do a urine test. The nurse said the test did not indicate anything was wrong and no signs of infection.

But, I still have the symptoms. Three days ago, I spent a lot of time sitting in a car, so I figured maybe it was because of that, but now it's been 3 days and symptoms still persist.

Can anyone help?

thanks,
mj

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2004, 03:14 PM   #2

sm4321 HB User
Unhappy Re: Burning sensation in bladder when sitting

I had the same problem and i drank alot of water and the burning went away for a while but then i had the burning for a year and when i finally went to a doctor they took pictures on the inside of my bladder and they found i have Intersititial Cystitis . So you should check it out and find a uro because i have to take medication all the time for it but it's feels better with medication then with out . Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2004, 08:03 PM   #3
Inactive

j_f_2003 HB User
Re: Burning sensation in bladder when sitting

Did you ever have the urine cultured? I saw my dr. over a week ago and he said that the urine looked clear but he sent it away for culture. A nurse can not send away for a culture unless the dr. orders it. I believe one has to actually see or have the nurse talk to the dr. for the urine to be sent away for culture. A culture takes a day or two to get the results back.
I took one of my kids into for a test for a possible infection and they gave me the results in about 15 min. Unfortunately I had to take her back to the pediatrician because her symptoms were getting worse and he said the office must have not done a culture and even though they said they did when I asked, the dr. said a culture takes at least 24 hours to get the results back. I no longer am taking my kids to that urologist office. That was not the only bad experience I had there. The dr. refused to call me with the results of a painful non-sedating test that my kid had that came back abnormal so I had to start all over again with a new urologist who orders sedation for all children for the same type of test.

Look at the second page at this link where one said the dr. poured the sample down the sink and didn't culture the urine. I believe it's titled reoccuring UTI Help! You can get a UTI with organisms that are resistant to common antibiotics and a culture can show what type of antibiotics will work.

Just because a preliminary may show up fine doesn't mean that there is no infection. Even though my preliminary came back fine the culture came back positive for infection and I needed another antibiotic to kill the bacteria.
If you do still have symptoms, a trip to the urologist would be a good idea to find out what is causing your symptoms. Good luck to you.

Closed Thread