It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2004, 06:36 PM   #1
(female)

greenfairy84 HB User
Unhappy Not Cystitis? Bladder too thin?

When I was about 18 I started experiencing painful burning and UTI symptoms everyday when i'd wake up.The only thing that would help was/is to drink about 1/3 or 1/2 a gallon of water to flush my bladder until my urine was/is clear.And keep drinking water and lay off soda.After seeing a few doctors who told me I was negative for UTI's but gave me anti-biotics anyway,which did nothing,one finally referred me to a Urologist to be tested for Cystitis.The doctor looked around and said I had "a weird bladder".He said my bladder had a very thin lining; I asked if that was bad,he just thought about it for a minute and said no,it's just strange,I've never seen it before.Then he did a test in which he inserted potassium something into my bladder and I basically had no reaction other than feeling like I had water dripping out of me.He said if I had Cystitis I would have had a very strong reaction to the potassium.But he decided to prescribe me Elmirion anyway and said it could take up to 3 months to see any change,if there would be one at all. I had just started a new job and the medication was affecting me very badly after about 2 1/2 wks.I felt like i had to pee every half hr. and had something jumping around in my bladder like fizz on soda pop.Plus I had to take it 3 times a day like 2 hrs. before food and 3 hrs after eating,i couldn't keep up a schedule because my eating times varied and forgot to take it a lot.I figured it wasn't that bad and i'd just drink lots of water to keep it under control.I've been lucky that way.Some people have it way worse but then,they've actually been diagnosed with Cystitis so,hmm.Anyway,so about a month ago I lost my virginity and ended up with a real UTI,I was bleeding and oozing pus from my bladder.I was put on anti-biotics for a wk and that cleared up,I think.Sex has been painful for me though.I can feel my bladder hurting during intercourse and don't know what to do.It really kills the mood for me and now i'm scared to even have sex.I think maybe another UTI came back but i can't tell if it's Cystitis or not.I guess my question is: Can a thin bladder be the cause of this and has anyone heard of a thin bladder before? I worry that my urine is so acidic it's eating away the lining in my bladder maybe? I have no insurance and can't afford to see a doctor but am going to a health clinic on Thursday.Hopefully they can help but I doubt it.Doctors don't know what's wrong,I feel like they can't help me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread