It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2005, 05:04 PM   #1

veronica1981 HB User
Question Can penicillin cause a bladder infection?

Okay, so this painful feeling that I need to urinate just started happening again. I t happened once before about 3 weeks ago. Out of no where I went to pee and got this painful feeling when I did go, but it was followed by a unsatisfacory feeling - like I needed to pee more - it hurt so bad - I wouldn't go as far to say burn but just this PAIN.. not sire how to describe it. Anyway, last time I got it I was penicillin for strep throat or something. I was on a business trip when this happened so I couldn't see a doctor, in turn what I did was drink gallons of water and cranberry juice - it ended up going away after a few days... so I forgot all about it. Until now. I got laryngitis a week ago and started penicillin again a few days ago... low and behold this peeing problem started again. Same damn thing. It is soo uncomfortable.. I'm going to call the doc tommorrow. But I guess my question is.. Can antibiotics cause bladder infections??

Old 01-02-2005, 07:50 PM   #2
(female)

Liane HB User
Re: Can penicillin cause a bladder infection?

It is possible that your bladder infection never completely went away. The cranberry juice is excellent at getting rid of the symptoms, but may not clear up the actual infection, so whenever you get a bladder infection you should see the doctor. Also, antibiotics can cause discomfort too because they kill off the good bacteria as well as the bad, so it may not actually be a bladder infection. It is wise to see your doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread