It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2006, 07:00 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

barbaric_yawp HB User
Question I NEED home remedies for bladder infection-- the most annoying womanly curse!

I need home remedies for bladder infections. I get them frequently and take Cranactin (capsules with concentrated cranberry). But I need some other options for when this does not kick in. Any suggestions? Douchin w/ something? How do you combat the unbearable pain and needing to go to the b-room all the time?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 02-06-2006, 07:15 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

barbaric_yawp HB User
Re: I NEED home remedies for bladder infection-- the most annoying womanly curse!

Bumping this up---Anyone out there with suggestions??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2006, 07:42 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: I NEED home remedies for bladder infection-- the most annoying womanly curse!

Douche won't help. Have you tried drinking cranberry juice? You might just have to take an antibiotic if it gets bad. Don't play aorund with this....UTI's can have deadly consequences....

Old 02-06-2006, 08:32 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

barbaric_yawp HB User

Thanks so much for your reply, do you think I should drink c.juice even when I don't have them?

By

Last edited by barbaric_yawp; 02-06-2006 at 08:32 AM.

Old 02-06-2006, 09:40 AM   #5
(female)

HeyKD HB User

Remember Tom Hanks in the Green Mile? Don't mess with that. If I got them that often I would take into consideration my hygiene routine. Listen to the doctor. Cranberry juice really doesn't work all that well and it has to be 100% cranberry at that. I don't think I could stomach it.

Old 02-06-2006, 09:55 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

barbaric_yawp HB User

Hygene is ok...they are worse after sex. I drink 100% cranberry that is watered down (no sugar). I am just trying to avoid taking the antibiotics everytime.

Old 02-06-2006, 11:16 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Lotus_Blossom HB User

Barbaric_Yawp,
Go to your local HFS and buy some liquid concentrated Cranberry Juice..I use 2 t's to 8 oz of Water and I sweeten it with Stevia..it contains no Sugar which you don't want as it keeps the Bacteria adhered to the Bladder wall..most Women think the Cranberry juice at the store is OK to drink but it isn't..it contains only 27% juice and has like 33 G's of Sugar..also drink as much purified Water as possible to help flush out the Bacteria and toxins..and go to the bathroom at the first urge cos holding back Urine will be a breeding ground for Bacteria..have you been to a Doctor to find out the cause of your frequent UTI's?Are you Diabetic or Pregnant?There are natural Antibiotics you can take..

Old 02-06-2006, 11:32 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

barbaric_yawp HB User

Thanks Lotus,
Not pg or diabetic, just seem to be prone to them. I will take your advice w/cranberry juice. What are some natural antibiotics?

Old 02-06-2006, 11:49 AM   #9
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

You should urinate before and after sex. That might help since you said they are worse after sex. And I really don't mean to scare you but my mother just passed away
two weeks ago after letting one get out of hand. Keep your baldder empty and keep up with the cranberry stuff.

Old 02-06-2006, 12:27 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

Lotus_Blossom HB User

Your very welcome..a few natural Antibiotics are Oregano Oil Capsules,Colloidal Silver,Olive Leaf,Garlic,Bee Propolis,Pau D'Arco Tea(has Viral properties)and Goldenseal Root..Titchou gave some wonderful advice for Urinating after sex..

Old 02-06-2006, 04:47 PM   #11

flowersforall HB User

oh my lord i just got my first uti...i think!
i actually work at a med clinic in a jail and didnt have the money to go to the dr yet so i had a urine test done and the girls found a tremendous amount of blood in my urine which lead to a kidney infection. i had 10 days worth of bactrim (sp?) left so i have been taking that. i have actually been uncomfortable for over a month then i got this tremendous pain when urinating and it felt like i had to go every single sec of the day. then i went into tremendous pain in the areas of my kidneys. needless to say im a SO much better but am still experiencing a weird burning pain when i urinate. i have a dr appt on wed and i can honestly say i cant wait to get to it and stop living this hell!
i have never had a uti before and NEVER want one again....
nothing helped me but the antibiotics which cured the infection. there are also some great over the counter things that help with the burning and spasms created by the uti. i got a off brand CVS pharmacy product specifically for uti's that eased up on the discomort.
uti's can become pretty darn serious so try and get to a dr and get checked out if you can....

Old 02-06-2006, 04:54 PM   #12

flowersforall HB User

Oh and FYI this just goes to show how uneducated i am on this subject but when people always referred to blood being in urine i thought it was something you would actually see in your urine. boy was i wrong. my urine had so much that the nurses wanted to send me to the emergency right then but i was STUPID and stuborn so instead i suffered and didnt go...

Old 02-07-2006, 06:01 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

barbaric_yawp HB User

So do you guys think that I should avoid home remedies and always go to the doc? Or do these remedies prevent it from escalating?

Old 02-08-2006, 02:59 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

rheanna HB Userrheanna HB User

Cranberry juice works in the EARLY (!!!) stages of an infection. After you've had a few, you get to recognise the signs and can start drinking it before it gets to the point where you have to have antibiotics. As Lotus_Blossom says, use PURE cranberry juice (no sugar added). Use a couple of teaspoons diluted in a glass of water. If I dilute it enough I can drink it without sugar, but a teaspoon of sugar or honey is WAY less than you get when you buy that sugared fruit juice (which is only a small portion of real juice). Drink this several times a day for a few days.

Also, as Titchou says, urinate before and immediately after sex. And then drink another glass of water.

And if you need to take antibiotics, make sure you take ALL the prescribed dosage -- don't stop as soon as the symptoms go away. It takes a while for the medicine to kill ALL the little bugs, and if you stop too early, you'll be leaving behind the ones that didn't get killed right away -- that is, the stronger bugs -- which will then be that much harder to kill the next time they congregate in large enough numbers to cause problems.

--Rheanna

Old 02-08-2006, 07:55 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

barbaric_yawp HB User

Thank you all, you have been most helpful,

B.Y

Closed Thread