It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2006, 04:30 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Lost_in_Time HB User
Anyone with Uterus on Bladder?

I mentioned this condition here before briefly, so I hope it's okay to talk about again.

I had the bladder scope done a few months ago, and the urologist said my uterus was pushing on my bladder. That, he said, is what was causing the pain and frequent urinination, etc. I've been trying to do research on this condition via the internet, but have been unable to find information about this. I have found the uterus pressing on many other internal things but not on the bladder.

I just wondered if anyone else here has this condition and would they share any expereriences with it (as I'm a bit afraid perhaps I"ve been misdiagnosed if I can't find info. on it).

Old 10-09-2006, 10:40 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Nanner HB UserNanner HB User
Re: Anyone with Uterus on Bladder?

Lost, I went for my annual pelvic today and asked some questions about my upcoming slng surgery and whether I should have anything done with my tipped uterus. I was told the uterus doesn't press on the bladder, and if anything it would be the other way around. The nurse practioner also said what I heard before, which is that they tend to want to keep the uterus in place for assistance in holding the bladder in place post-sling surgery.

Maybe it would be worthwhile (and ease your mind) to get a second opinion?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2006, 06:36 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

twisten HB User

I'm having problems right now with bladder pressure (and many other things) going on right now. My docs think its my intestines pressing on it but I don't know if they mean large or small. I'm assuming small as I don't think the large is over the bladder. Anyone know. I agree with Nanner on asking for a second opinion. Hate to see you have an unnecessary surgery.

Old 10-10-2006, 06:40 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sharon76 HB User

Hi twisten

It will be the small bowel that will be sitting on your bladder.

LOl, i shouldn't laugh but myself and you are switching boards coz we have that many health problems at the moment!!!!!

Good job i can laugh about it and not cry!

Old 10-10-2006, 12:21 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

twisten HB User

I definitely hear you Sharon. Maybe we're what is called pathetic?? LMAO!

Old 10-10-2006, 12:56 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sharon76 HB User

perfect description!!!

Old 10-10-2006, 05:49 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

twisten HB User

I'm glad I met you in here and the other ones (tee hee) at least we can laugh together when things are bad.

Old 10-11-2006, 06:57 PM   #8
(female)

Mora HB User

Hi all, while pregnant with our daughter I developed both stress and urge leakage. I hoped it would go away after the delivery, but no. It was worse. I suffered for years and finally went to the urologist. Tests showed my uterus was "tipped" or retroverted and in a much lower position then normal which in turn put undue pressure on my bladder causeing it to also be in a lower position and hence the cause of the leaking. I had a bladder sling placed in May 2000 and was instantly cured the scars I don't like, however, the "tightening" the gyno did at the same time sure made hubby the happy

Old 10-11-2006, 07:36 PM   #9
(female)

slsmith1122 HB User

i have the uterus "falling down" on the bladder. it is from having 3 babies.
with age it all starts to fall out. that is when it is almost time for a hysterectomy. yep, a sign of age.

Old 10-11-2006, 10:20 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

Lost_in_Time HB User

How can doctors be so different that one person is told the uterus doesn't put pressure on bladder and another says it does?????

Old 10-12-2006, 02:06 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

kerri0500 HB User

wouldnt the uterus press on the bladder and that is the reason why you fill your bladder for an US? to life the uterus up? so that would mean the uterus would press on it right? the uterus would be in front of the ful lbladder

Old 10-13-2006, 08:13 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

twisten HB User

The only thing I know for sure is the pressure on my bladder isn't from my uterus as I had a hysterectomy a long time ago.

Old 01-03-2007, 11:19 PM   #13
(female)

beachlovr HB User

I have been told that my uterus is sitting on my bladder. Has anyone been told this by their doctor and if so what measures did your doctor take to correct this?

Old 01-05-2007, 02:28 AM   #14
(female)

grace28 HB User

Six months ago, I saw a urologist for the frequent urination problem. I had already had a bladder ultrasound and a transvaginal ultrasound (ovarian cysts) and the urologist told me that my uterus is "retroverted" and is putting pressure on my bladder. He gave me an Oxytrol patch which did the trick for the 6 months. Now ,I'm having some pressure again. My annual Gyno appt. is today ; I'm going to ask him about all this and I'll let you know.

Closed Thread