It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2006, 02:23 PM   #1
(female)

elphers HB User
bladder lift and hysterectomy anyone?

My Gyne is having me go to a Urologist on Nov. 1 for cystometrics to see just how bad my bladder is prolapsed. My Gyne suggested surgery already. At my last visit to him, he also said that "he can take it all out" when I have the bladder lift. Why I'm wondering? I think it is because I mentioned about my heavy periods, but I am going through menopause, so after 6 1/2 months of no period, it's bound to be heavy, isn't it? I was just wondering if anyone else had both procedures done and if so, how long was your recovery?
Thanks,
elphers

Old 10-14-2006, 08:39 AM   #2
(female)

waitingtobloom HB User
Thumbs up Re: bladder lift and hysterectomy anyone?

I just had this procedure done at the end of September. We decided that because I was not going to have anymore children( I'm early 40's) to do a laproscopic hysterectomy while repairing my bladder. My uterus was starting to fall somewhat and to combine all the procedures. My uterus was weighing on my bladder and would continue too, so instead of having one operation now for the bladder and one in the future for the uterus, we would remove the uterus, lift the bladder and while we were there fix any tears from previous deliveries. I researched these procedures and concluded that as we age, we start to loose muscle tone and retention in this area. Kegals and exercise can help but does not stop the sagging ( much like our body ). Even when having these procedures done, my muscles in this area will still continue to fall but now I have put a bandaid on it so I can continue to enjoy life without feeling like I am falling out and the best part is I do not have to visit every bathroom everywhere I go!. I feel good after 3 weeks post op, it wasn't without pain and I still have away to go but the early results positive for me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread