It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2006, 12:45 PM   #1
(male)

g-daddy HB User
Shy bowel and shy bladder

Hey everyone.
I just got to college and I poop once or twice a week, if twice one is very small and the second is very large and hard. I eat a LOT of fiber and drink a lot of water, so I don't know what is causing this. My only theory is that as with my shy bladder I have a shy bowel - I don't get the feeling that I need to poop unless I really have to go - as in badly.
For example:
When I lived at home, I would be hanging out and get the urge to poop - so I'd go. But here, when I'm surrounded by people all the time, my body doesn't send me signals to poop.

THEN, to top it all off - I can't poop unless no one else is in the bathroom. And I share a bathroom with about 50 other guys, so there's usually people coming in and out unless I hold it in until I can get time for privacy. I also have a shy bladder... so I go in around midnight to brush my teeth, etc. then as soon as it's clear I go pee and go back to washing my face, etc.

Has anyone shared this? Recommendations? Help? Medication? I don't want to use a laxative because I've read your body can become dependent on them.

Old 10-24-2006, 11:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

cleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB User
Re: Shy bowel and shy bladder

There's quite a few of us have that problem, maybe not to the extent that you have, but just the same, we have the same issues with public facilities.
Have you tried flushing the urinal before using it? The distraction helps you to consentrate on what you are there for. That works for me! Also, do the same when sitting on the toilet. When some one is in there, give the toilet a flush, that way, no one can here what you're doing, and the sound should help you consentrate. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread