It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2007, 08:29 AM   #1
(female)

Lv2besasi HB User
Unhappy Removal of Monarc Bladder Sling

Hi I am 37 and am 18 post op from a monarch sling bladder repair. I had a burch done in 1999 with my hysterectomy, but it ripped out and the sling was put in place of it. I started having problems about 6 months ago and after 3 med changes, all the testing again looks like I need to have the sling removed due to the fact it "may be" to tight. Has anyone else experienced this?
My doc said that we'd wait 6 months after this surgery and see how well my bladder adjusts and I may or may not have to get a new sling put back in, verses looking at the long term problems, like bladder augmentation, catherization, or urostomy. Help Please!!!!

Old 04-22-2007, 07:45 PM   #2
(female)

2005djb HB User
Re: Removal of Monarc Bladder Sling

Lv2besasi,

So sorry you're going through this. Your awfully young to the these problems. What are your symptoms? How did you know it was to tight?

I'm 49 (will be 50 in June, and I feel I'm to young too) and I had my uterus removed and bladder slinged in Nov. 2006. I've had a pulling/tugging feeling on my right side at about 8 weeks post op. I've been back to my obgyn (doc who did the surgery) and he did "cut away some calcium deposits" at about 12 weeks because I was complaining of the nagging side pain. Seemed to help some, but it doesn't feel right. At one point I thought the sling had detached from the right pelvic/hip area. I can feel my bladder wiggle and it feels swollen sometimes. I'm very limited to my daily activity.

I'm very frustrated too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2007, 08:30 PM   #3
(female)

Lv2besasi HB User

Hi, my symptoms started with urgency again with minimal leakage, we tried medication to adjust this but nothing worked, so I had the urodynmic(sp) test redone and showed I had blockage and a very unstable bladder. So back to square 1 again. As for being young, I have had bladder problems that run in my family since I was little, plus my pregnancies put a lot of stress on my bladder too. I am hoping that it just might be scar tissue, causing the problem but they can't tell with out going back in,as for the tight feeling it's hard to describe like you I can feel it, though can't really describe it, believe me I know it's there if I have a full bladder or during intercourse, so I guess I will know what the problem was in 1 week. I just want to have as normal bladder function as possible.

Old 01-30-2008, 12:38 PM   #4
(female)

rainy11 HB User

hi I just had a vaginal hystectomy along with a anterior and posterior repair, sacrispinous suspension and monarc sliing put in due to severe prolapse. this was done 10 months ago. i have been have problems with my bladder for almost 2 months now and have seen a urologist and have haviing a testing done to see whats going on with my bladder. How easy is it to have the sling removed. what kind of recovery period is that

Closed Thread