It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2007, 12:32 PM   #1
(female)

Dolphin43 HB User
I have o.a.b. and spastic bladder.

Hi to all,

I had an mri scan and the result was i have an overactive bladder,urine retention and spastic bladder.I have to go friday to do intermittent self catherization the time before last my urine retention was 512 whatever i have tried 3 times only and am finding this hard to accept it takes ur dignity away i think i could not imagine having to do this at all. So ive been told its to do with my nerves being unable to recive the correct messages so in other words its m.s.

I have been reffered to a neurologist as well as bladder probs iam having bowel probs constipation and leakage ect......so will need more tests ect well will let u know what happens friday.....

Dolphin43.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2007, 01:36 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: I have o.a.b. and spastic bladder.

So ive been told its to do with my nerves being unable to recive the correct messages so in other words its m.s.

Hi there. Do you have MS? The way you worded this, you said "in other words" MS...having nerve conduction problems does not always mean having MS...

Im sorry you are having these issues. I truly understand how frustrating they can be. I had three colonoscopies before they realized NOTHING was wrong with my Colon, bladder or other parts, and I was having MS related symtoms, but this was 3 years before I was dx with MS!

Good luck with the self cath thing...it really should give you peace of mind.

N

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2007, 03:13 PM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User

If these are your only problems, I think you would have other problems which the doctor would have to check. My bladder is too often overactive, but this is one of a myriad of symptoms related to my PPMS. A neurologist will run many tests to find the cause. If nothing can be found, it often points towards MS. At this point in time, I would try to relax and wait for your tests.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:57 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

glamour girl HB User

Hi .. I also have started to have the water works problems.. Embarrasing for me is that my doc was a young total spunk.. Hmm shouldn't be allowed lol..
I'm having a urodynamic studie test to do on Nov 1st. I'm not looking forward to that either..
My doc seems to think it may not even be MS related, but due to childbirth. So who knows.. MS isnt always to blame. I'll await yr post update. Good luck.

Closed Thread