It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2007, 12:44 PM   #1
(female)

skipa dee babe HB User
can a yeast infection cause bladder irratation

Hello,
Have been having trouble with me pee acts like a uti but no infection found in urine , they did a pelvic ex and noticed i had alot of discharge he thought maybe ( yeast ) and is being cultured along with other possible things , i was orginally put on cipro lx for 5 days for the uti i don't have , and now that i'm done that doc gives me duflucan , but my pain seems more in my bladder or uretha . Has anyone had a yeast infection that mimcked that of a bladder pain ?

Old 12-07-2007, 12:50 AM   #2
(female)

mj2007 HB User
Re: can a yeast infection cause bladder irratation

A urinary tract infection is different from a yeast infection but works in the same ways. i have had yeast infections and 1 urinary tract infection. Heres what i know from experience- a yeast infection cannot be found in urine but only with a pap(is what my doc told me). Sometimes when we think we have a yeast infection its not,its a thing called a abnormal ph balance which is also where you itch and everything. Urinary tract infections cause so much burning and itching or atleast mine did and it can be in your bladder also or spread to your bladder. If so,it has to be kepy an eye on. Pop causes bladder problems. when i was little and still to this day when i drink too much pop i will burn in what feels like my bladder and whole area until i flush it out with alot of water. Douches can also cause yeast infections and urinary tract infections because your body needs a certain bacteria (which is already there)which fights off the bad bacteria(yest infections/urinary tract infections)and washing it out by douching causes the yest infections and urinary tract infections.Also,antibiotics sometimes cause yeast infections,its quite common. Good luck,feel better soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2007, 04:47 AM   #3
(female)

skipa dee babe HB User

Hi there,
Thankyou for the reply , so what your saying is that a yeast infection if out of hand could mimc a uti ? Or affect the uretha or bladder somehow ? The doc put me on diflucan for three days . The ph thing how do you get that ,it seems that i've always had a fair amount of discharge there ? And sometimes it does cause burning and itching but the gyno too aswab and said it wasn't yeast , but two days pior to that visit i had treated myself with canestan so i doubted it would of showed yeast anyway ...
Skipa

Old 12-26-2007, 09:52 AM   #4
(female)

leslie84 HB User

Hi, I seem to be having problems with reccurent UTI's and I have had 2 yeast infections. I do not know what to do...I just posted my symptoms in this forum so please go and read it and see if we have any symptoms in common. My gyno and GP are both clueless so now I am seeing a Urologist. Oh and your Dr probably put you on Diflucan after the Cipro becuase antibiotics can cause Yest Infections by killing the "good" bacterial in your vagina. I wouldn't worry about the Diflucan. I hope your feeling better.

Closed Thread