It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2008, 06:10 PM   #1
(male)

lewmantheman HB User
Bladder infection or Trichomoniasis ?

Hi there,

I have just come back from the doctor to recieve a second round of antibiotics for suspected bladder infection. I havent had my urine culture come in yet but there is WBCs in my urine and symptoms. I did have a Test for Gonnorhea(sp) and Chlamydia done and they both came back negative. Before i had the first round of Cipro i had the following symptoms Discharge clear sometimes yellowish, urgency to pee all the time, when i finished peeing i felt as if i could go again, Burned sometimes while urinating, pressure on sides. These symptoms subsided significantly when i took the first 3 day dose of cipro and were almost gone, but not quite, which is why i went back to the doctor.

I am now on a strong 7 day dose of cipro until the urine culture comes back too see if a diff antibiotic needs to be used. But my question is.... could this whole diagnosis be perhaps wrong..ive been reading up on Trichomoniasis and it sounds almost as if it could be that. BUt since that is a parasite would wbcs be showing up in my pee? The doctor didnt even mention Trichomoniasis so i dont know, my girlfriend has complained once of pain during intercourse but thats the only time, she has no symptoms either.

SO i could just be looking into this toomuch but.. what do you guys think.. since Trichomoniasis is a parasite would the doctor diagnose it right away after recieving neg results but wbcs in my urine???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread