It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2008, 07:45 PM   #1
(female)

fitness7 HB User
Ovarian cyst with nighttime bladder spasms

Has anyone had a ovarian cyst and had bladder spasms at night and running to the bathroom at night thinking they need to go. My MD says they have no relation, I am not sure I believe that. Did not have the spasms until the cyst came. Help..

Old 02-05-2008, 11:30 AM   #2
(female)

IhaveENDO HB User
Re: Ovarian cyst with nighttime bladder spasms

It could be youe cyst pressing on the bladder. I have one right now (small one 2 cm) and urinate about 6 times in an hour.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2008, 01:58 PM   #3
(female)

fitness7 HB User

IhaveENDO,
Thanks for replying. Went to MD today it has shrunk from 3.8x2.4 down to 2.8x2.1 progress but seems to be full of blood and not leaking. When I lay down at night is when I have the most trouble but, when I am sitting I feel the pressure. I feel like a little old lady at night running back and fourth to the bathroom with little results. He said it could be pushing on my bladder also. I go back next Mon. for him to check it. Going to Mexico for a husband/wife trip on the 17th. Something needs to happen quick with this mess.

Old 02-06-2008, 06:44 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

estria HB Userestria HB Userestria HB Userestria HB User

Hi fitness,

I have a 7.5 cm simple cyst on my left ovary and during ovulation I experience what can only be described as rectal cramping .. painful cramps in my rectal area. They do not last long, just a few minutes and I sometimes also experience these between ovulation time and my period. When I started ovulating last September (I had been on the pill for quite some time before that), I had cramping both in my rectal area and my bladder. As a matter of fact, when I had to pee after that first painful ovulation, the muscles around my bladder felt sore.

I have read that when you ovulate or if your cyst is leaking fluid, the fluid irritates your cul de sac region (ie. the abdominal wall near your bladder, uterus and rectum) and this may be what is causing the problem. Yes a cyst can also press against your bladder but what you are describing is rather small. Having said that you really never know where the cyst is located in relation to your other organs .. it could be touching a nerve or be situated near the abdominal lining or the bladder causing problems. The ovaries sort of float around a bit in there and sometimes they do move a little.

These doctors really need to stand up and take notice that when tons of women complain of certain symptoms associated with cysts (such as cramping and pain) then perhaps they should try to find out if we have a point by doing more research, rather than ignoring us and saying that the cyst could not possibly be causing it. Their attitude is really starting to bug me and I am hearing from a lot women on these threads that they are also experiencing this.

Good luck to you and I hope you find a solution soon.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:03 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

estria HB Userestria HB Userestria HB Userestria HB User

Hi again,

Yes I am in total agreement with this. I love my doctor to death as he is gentle and caring BUT when I complain of pains and would dearly love to have an explanation as to why I am experiencing them, all I get is a blank look, like he thinks that either I am hyper sensitive to every sensation and therefore exaggerating or that I am attributing a completely normal sensation (such as gas) to the cyst. I KNOW that this is not normal for my body and I would sincerely appreciate some sort of explanation for the pain I am experiencing during and after ovulation. Before I went on the pill I never had this and as a matter of fact I did not even know when I was ovulating. Now I know EXACTLY when it is happening and I have to work hard to relax my rectal muscles or the spasms will hurt even more. Oh did I mention this ? If you try relaxing the muscles in that region (ie. letting go .. hopefully without loosing any bodily solids or fluids) it helps immensely. Also, if you are in a lot of pain, I find that a couple of Advil really does the trick. I usually try to tough it out though as I hate taking excessive pills for anything. The first time it happened though, it felt like a huge charliehorse had taken over the muscles in that region and I HAD to take something. All I could do was to sit on the john and hope that my insides would fall out so that I could experience some relief. Fortunately, I did not have another episode that was THAT bad.

How's that for detail. I hope and pray that what I am experiencing is just the cyst being disturbed or it leaking a little fluid during ovulation. I do get scared sometimes but I have to hang on until my next ultrasound in a couple of weeks. Fortunately, I have learned the drill over the last few months and I know what to expect from my body. At first I was completely terrified about what was going on. To top it off I was also experiencing heavy irregular bleeding from an atrophic endometrium (from being on the pill for so long) in addition to pain from that. Thankfully this is now gone (after going off the pill) and I now only have the cyst to deal with. I get so jealous of men sometimes ..

Take care and hang in there !

Old 02-06-2008, 05:38 PM   #6
(female)

fitness7 HB User

I appreciate your note, you gave me a good laugh and I needed it. Hope you are better soon.

Closed Thread