It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2008, 01:38 PM   #1
(female)

Abnormal13 HB User
Bladder Infection!!?

I think I have a bladder infection. I just had sex less than a week ago so maybe that's why. I don't know. I constantly have the strong urge urinate. And when I do it hurts SOOOO bad!!! I've noticed a little blood in my urine. At first I though I was on my period but now I know I am NOT! So is it a bladder infection? Because I'm pretty sure it is.
And does anyone know a good way to get rid of it without going to the doctor or getting medicine? I've heard you just drink a lot of water and go to the bathroom as much a possible. Will that make it completely go away?

Last edited by Abnormal13; 02-06-2008 at 01:40 PM.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User
Re: Bladder Infection!!?

Bladder infections happen often for women. Don't be embarressed to go to a doc. the only cure for a bladder infection is a antibiotic

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2008, 09:13 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Soibhan HB User

I agree that you need to go to a doctor. I've had bladder infections many times and you go to the doctor, pee in a cup, and they give you an antibiotic. Drinking water and cranberry juice are excellent for bladder health. Stay away from dark beverages like colas and anything with caffeine until you are healthy again. I know you are miserable and I hope you get help SOON!
Soibhan

Old 02-06-2008, 10:46 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rheanna HB Userrheanna HB User

Abnormal13,

I agree with the others. In the very early stages, at the first hints of "that feeling" that many of us women know all too well, it helps to drink lots of cranberry juice and water for several days. But once the feelings to urinate become overpowering, then you need antibiotics. Blood in the urine is a sign that the inner lining of the bladder is irritated by the infection. Go to a doctor. And even while you're on antibiotics, drink lots of water!

It is pretty common to get a bladder infection after having sex. Some suggestions for the future: Immediately after having sex (OK, a few minutes after!), go to the toilet and urinate. Using a clean wet tissue or cloth, wipe the genital area. Dry. Within a day, start drinking cranberry juice as a precaution. Cranberry juice provides an acidic environment that is inhospitable for the bacteria that cause infections. It is also supposed to have some properties that keep the bacteria from sticking to the lining of the bladder.

For now, see a doctor. Best of luck.

--Rheanna

Closed Thread