It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2008, 06:39 AM   #1
(female)

jucbug HB User
Unhappy can a kidney stone cause a bladder backup?

I have a question I have a 6mm kidney stone and from what I understand on the ct scan report it is blocking my urethar. Can this cause any type of kidney damage? and can it cause your bladder to become over full? Im still having the flank pain and my bladder hurts very bad, I feel like I have to pee so bad but can only get a few drips out every now and then I will pee like a normal person. Should I be concerned about this? Thanks

Old 03-06-2008, 07:54 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

hopesprings2 HB User
Re: can a kidney stone cause a bladder backup?

yes it can if it doesnt pass
however it sounds like it is trying to pass now
i had one blocking my urertral up high and didnt know it size 7
hope this will come on out soon for you
drink lots of water and some say real home lemon juice
i had to have lipotripsty done on mine however it still took a long time to come out since it was so big
i felt like i had to pee ever second and nothing reallly was there much when it was coming out
make sure to are straining your urine to see if it comes out

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2008, 10:53 AM   #3
(female)

jucbug HB User

When i went to the er on Monday they said that I wouldnt be able to pass it on my own because it is the same stone since dec that i have been trying to pass it actually grew since dec. I just worry about it because since the intense pain ended on sun im now at the point where my bladder feels distended i still cant eat and when i do i vomit im very very tired and having leg cramps. When i picked up my ct reports on tues it says I have multiple stones but that this 6mm one is causing the problem im having. I had a ct scan done back in 12/2005 when i was seeing my urologist and he said that they would be fine just sitting there in my kidneys and that they would pass when they want to. But Im having trouble beleiving that now since I read my reports from the er and was dignasoed with having medullary sponge kidney also. The er doc said it would be rare for me to be able to pass this or the other ones unless they were small. Im just so tired and hungry but cant eat when i do have a apptite and my legs and my eyes are just burning. I cant wait to get off of work just so i can go home take a pain pill and go to sleep I only feel my best when im laying down. Thanks for anymore input.

Old 03-06-2008, 01:01 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

hopesprings2 HB User

i could not pass mine either so they lipostripsy mine
it still took weeks for all of it to come out
and a big piece came out weeks later i felt the same why you do
like i had to pee pee pee
then it would go away afew days and return.It finally came out.You must eat a banana or pototoes or drink some ensure or boost to see if that helps the leg cramps since you might be low on potassium from not eating
You might have to call or go back to the ER if you are bloating up from not peeing.

Old 03-10-2008, 04:59 AM   #5
(female)

lovemy2girls HB User

mine had my kidney 100% blocked . yes they can cause kidney damage my UR said if he did not get mine out that I would lose my kidney. I still am in pain I had litho done Dec. 6th and that was 3 months ago. I only passed 2 tiny peices of mine so I am facing more surgery. My dr. said it was the size of a golf ball. I don't know he did show it to me on the scan though and it was huge.
In my experiance with it, My urine backed up in my kidney and I could not pee. then after the surgery I went like 20 times when I got home I started having problems . I ended up in the er 2 days later in so much pain I wish I could die. I had to pull my own stent out which was horriable. anyway at the er they had to put a cath in and I started peeing and could not quit, I almost peed the bag full. The stent had caused to swell so I could not go. the ur said that my stent was blocked and it was with tiny blood clots so that is why the urine could not get through.
anyway to make long story short, even after litho I still have severe kidney pain, I have lost 40 pounds since dec. I lost 26 within two weeks but a total of 40 now. some of which was fluid buid up the rest where I could not eat. Still have trouble with that, the only thing I want is v8 juice , everything has started swelling again so I don't know if I will ever get any better. DH does not understand, I have no strength no energy I am just so weak all of the time and so tired. I often wonder if it has caused more damage to my kidney than they thought

Closed Thread