It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2008, 05:46 PM   #1
(male)

unloaded HB User
Unhappy Does IBS lead to weak bladder?

I have had IBS for 9 years now, and I am finding myself peeing slower than my friends. Is it because I go to the toilets too often and caused the weak bladder?

And also, how do I get fatter? I poo everything I eat right afterwards......

Old 04-05-2008, 06:35 PM   #2
(male)

adj2849 HB User
Re: Does IBS lead to weak bladder?

Usually urinary problems in men are caused by prostate problems -- not IBS.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2008, 11:49 PM   #3
(male)

unloaded HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by adj2849 View Post
Usually urinary problems in men are caused by prostate problems -- not IBS.
does prostate problems normally happen to young adults below 25?

Old 04-11-2008, 01:10 AM   #4
(male)

BNK54 HB User

I've had IBS since I was 17, I'm now 27. When I was 20 in August 2001 I suddenly developed urinary problems such as pressure appearing to come from the rectum, I would need to frequently go but knew I didnt really have too, it was simply my bladder would get maybe 1/4 to 1/2 full and the pressure would make me need to go. Other symptoms resembling those found in UTIs were occurring such as burning after going and leakage after...urine cultures by my doctor found zero evidence of bacteria but rectal exams found a "tender prostate", twice between August 01 and June 02 I was placed on antibiotics and they seemed to cure the problem. Still, the problem came and went, sometimes symptoms varied on hourly intervals....the one noticeable thing was bowel movements tremendously could aggravate the urinary symptoms though they did not always do it. From June 2002 until 5 weeks ago I never saw these symptoms and then they reappeared last month out of the blue, I'm now back to trying to figure out what is going on. Most doctors will tell you there has been strong evidence that men with IBS are more likely than the average man to suffer from both prostatitis and CPP (look both up to see if they resemble your symptoms because they sure as heck resemble mine)....unfortunately there is more or less no cure for either condition and its nearly impossible to tell which you may have. Other possibilities are that you may be having a spastic colon which is interferring with your bladder fuction, some medications may help this.

Old 04-11-2008, 02:48 AM   #5
(male)

unloaded HB User

that frequent peeing problem doesn't occur to me very often, probably once every season. But I am pretty sure I pee slower than others, normally takes me about 15 secs to start, whereas my friends normally take 5 secs.

Closed Thread