It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2008, 08:02 PM   #1
(female)

sherryrenee0423 HB User
Burning Bladder

If it's not one thing it's another...

Started having really bad bladder pain on Thursday...I always have some bladder pain, but this felt like an infection. I couldn't get over to my doctor's office so she called in Cipro for me. I'm about to take my last pill and it's hurting the same or worse than when I started the antibiotic. I'm drinking lots of water, so I guess I'm going to have to go to the doctor tomorrow. I wonder what's going on with my body...

The Following User Says Thank You to sherryrenee0423 For This Useful Post:
pattipain (04-01-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2008, 08:06 PM   #2
(female)

May76 HB User
Re: Burning Bladder

I'm sorry to hear that. Bladder pain is so uncomfortable. I have IC, and one thing that works for me (besides lots of water), is using a heating pad down there. Some people also suggest ice pads (different things work for different people). Not sure if that will help you, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2008, 03:23 AM   #3
(female)

linda looney HB User

Sherry,
Drinking cranberry juice is a very well known cure for UTI's. Try that also. It's been known to work on it's own without the help of antibiotics.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:50 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User

Hi Sherry:

Sometimes the doctor gives you an antibiotic that is not useful in eliminating the type of bacteria you are afflicted with. Ask him/her to do an actual culture in the lab of the bacteria so that you can get the right time of med.

Another thought, IC is a big problem in FMS patients. I would suggest seeing a urologist to obtain a diagnosis. If Interstitial Cystitis is the problem, you have to be very careful to not eat or drink anything that is acidic or you will be flying over the moon! IC is a chronic problem that takes special care. That means no OJ, no cranberry/cranberry supplements, Vitamin C supplements, etc. Do not let this go on any longer.

Blessings,
Kirstee

Old 04-21-2008, 01:42 PM   #5
(female)

sherryrenee0423 HB User

Thanks for your advice. I've made an appointment to see my doctor tomorrow. I've been taking Cipro(antibiotic), cranberry pills, azo for the pain, drinking lots of water, and using a heating pad.

I've pad chronic pain in my bladder for about 5 1/2 years now, but this last week it got really bad and I wasn't waking up to go to the bathroom at night because I was so exhausted (I was also drinking many diet cokes to fight my fatigue). I assumed it was a bladder infection although it's hard to tell because it always burns and aches when I pee. I went through a couple of urologists 5 years ago trying to find an answer for my pain and they never came up with anything, so I pretty much self diagnosed IC. I just want my doctor to do a test to see if it really is a bladder infection or if something else is going on.

Last edited by sherryrenee0423; 04-21-2008 at 01:43 PM.

Old 04-22-2008, 02:00 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User

Hi talking about bladder infections.... l had one a few weeks ago was giving antibiotics then had them changed. Now l think its back my pain is when l go to the loo in my right hand side low in stomach and the tenderness across my lower stomach do you girls get this same pain and discomfort? Take care x

Old 04-22-2008, 11:16 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User

Oh darn! Don't drink the coke or anything with caffeine. Caffeine irritates the bladder, and is especially irritating to IC.

Blessings,
Kirstee

Old 04-22-2008, 02:05 PM   #8
(female)

baymom08 HB User

PLEASE do not use the cranberry or vit. c. I did this before I knew I had IC, thinking I had a bladder infection and Oh, Boy! It has taken me months to get over the extra irritation that I caused. Your symptoms sound so much like mine. Definitely see a urologist to be sure.
In the meantime, check out Interstitial Cystitis on the net and find out how to lessen your symptoms. Even if you don't have IC, the tips you'll find are helpful in decreasing pain and irritation from other causes as well.
It is so painful. I hope you get some relief soon.

Old 04-23-2008, 02:44 PM   #9
(female)

sherryrenee0423 HB User

Okay I went to the doctor because Cipro didn't clear up my bladder infection and she said that I had a bladder infection, a vaginal infection, AND a yeast infection (probably from the Cipro). I have no idea how I got a vaginal infection...I do all of the right things: go to the restroom before and after sex, wipe from front to back, etc (sorry for the frank talk ) Since I have a history of kidney stones, she gave me Levaqion this time and said that if I'm not better by Friday then she wants to do an IVP to see if I have a stone in my bladder. I've been on antibiotics for 5 days now (Cipro for 3 and now Levaqion for two) and things aren't getting better. I REALLY hope I don't have kidney stones again.

On a good note my aches and pains have drastically decreased since the weather warmed up. I've still been having to take an occasional Darvocet for my bladder pain though. If it's not one thing it's another! Oh and happy birthday to me...I'm 25 today

Old 04-25-2008, 08:59 AM   #10
(female)

poppy7 HB User

Hey hope you had a good birthday sherry !
what I've read so far sounds similar to what I've been experiencing... pain in the lower right side when going the loo, tenderness , sometimes burny pee... I ended up going to see a urologist just before christmas and had to have a cystoscopy... My gp thought that it was just cystitis every few weeks, but there seemed to be no trigger for it so decided that I have reactive arthritis. His explanation was that I'd originally had a UTI which had triggered a flare up but every time I got over that, the UTI came back again as a side effect of the meds I'd been taking ! Catch 22 or what?! Was annoying though cos every time they tested for an infection there was no trace so they just decided it was my body basically attacking itself. I had thought things were ok since the c/scopy- no more infections but the last few weeks they've been back with a vengence. I was told to drink cranberry juice by one doc and not to by another. In the end I decided to go with what a neighbour said and drink warm water with bicarbonate of soda in it. Tastes revolting but seems to work.
Anyway I hope that you find some answers and help that works for you.

Poppy

Old 04-25-2008, 03:45 PM   #11
(female)

sherryrenee0423 HB User

I have a history of kidney stones so my doctor ordered an IVP to see if I had any stones in my bladder. Well you have to take laxatives to clear out your system for the IVP and doing that triggered a really painful flare last night and today. I mean I couldn't sit still because the pain has been so bad. I hope I don't have kidney stones, but after 7 days of antibiotics and bladder is still on fire...don't know what's going on. Thanks for the advice. I too have read that baking soda and water helps. I've been using Azo and that seems to help me a lot.

Old 04-28-2008, 02:50 AM   #12
(female)

MissGulch HB User

I've had the fibro thing for 15 years. A lot of bladder spasms that resemble an infection can be cause by abdominal trigger points. It hurts alot to break up the spasm in the trigger point, but try this. Lie on the floor on your stomach, put a tennis ball above your pelvic bone and rock back and forth. It hurts but these places are hard to release. Also watch your carbs and sweets, (I have found that cutting out most of anything wheat has help lots) you can also get yeast in your bladder and bowels, not just vaginal. Anything white is not really good for you, they all contain carbs that turn to sugar. Just see a urologist. I thought that I had stubborn trigger points 10 years ago and after looking in my bladder they found a cancer tumor. Also, watch for perfumed toilet paper, liners, wipes, bleach, etc.. I just got done with getting put out with a possible biopsy to the bladder a week ago. 2 months before I had a scope done and it was so inflamed and red that he could see nothing in there. It ended up that wearing a couple of pairs of underwear I had washed with some other things in bleach was the culprit, and I didn't use much bleach.

Last edited by MissGulch; 04-28-2008 at 03:08 AM.

Closed Thread