It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2008, 07:01 AM   #1
(female)

Mini2008 HB User
Question Bladder Cancer - BCG

Good morning to everyone. I haven't ever posted before, but have been reading for about a couple of weeks now. I was hoping that someone might read this and have some insight or comments. I will try to explain but yet not be too long winded...

My husband has bladder cancer. It started with painful urination, but no blood. After numerous tests, he was diagnosed with Transitional Cell Carcinoma. The dr removed the tumor and did numerous biopsies throughout the bladder. The results were Carcinoma In Situ Stage 2/4. The dr is doing BCG treatments. He is now on his first round of treatments, but midway through (#4 of 6) the urine test came back that there was blood in his urine. The dr wanted him to wait another week before he gets another treatment for obvious reasons. Our concern is the painful urination is not getting any better and now he says it seems to burn/hurt where the bladder is located - not only pain when urinating.

We are just very concerned and if the pain is still as bad tomorrow as it is today - we will call his dr. He has an excellent dr and is very compassionate. We were just wanting to hear any comments, suggestions, concerns etc... Also to note - he cannot take normal pain medicine because his liver function levels were high and the drs think they may be due to all the pain meds taken before.

I apologize for the length of my post, but do appreciate in advance any help that anyone can offer. Thank you and have a great day.

Last edited by mod_007; 05-11-2008 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Not editted this time, but please read the posting guidelines re use of abbreviations

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2008, 07:16 PM   #2
(female)

yosemite05 HB User
Re: Bladder Cancer - BCG

Hi Mini,

Sorry to hear that your husband has bladder cancer. That is what lead me to this board 2-1/2 years ago. My husband was diagnosed in Nov. 2005. He had surgery to remove the tumor and has had many BCG treatments since that time. He is about to have his annual BCG treatments again starting next week. He receives 3 treatments (one week apart) on a yearly schedule now. The treatments give him a lot of burning and bladder pain as well as low back pain. He has blood in the urine also. That 1st year was really rough. On the bright side of this, my husband has had no recurrences. He is still having cystoscopies every 3 months. Next year it finally goes to every 6 months. You are both in my thoughts and prayers!

Closed Thread