It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2008, 02:57 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

pinkpixies HB User
Question Chronic pain,Bladder Spasms,Blood and protein in my urine? But nothings wrong?!

I keep getting pushed around to doctor after doctor...all saying nothing is wrong. I have been having chronic pain all over and weakness for a long time now...the pain is the worst in the morning when I first wake up (like my feet, hands and collar bones hurt really bad) or after I do something physical like cleaning or walking or something. It's gotten to the point that I can't even pick up 3-4 lbs! (I'm ony 23 years old...)

And then back in May...they found protein in my urine...so I saw a nephrologist...who found nothing wrong. Then in July, they found blood in my urine as well so they sent me to a Urologist...who did a CT scan which was normal...and she just assumes nothing is wrong. Today, at my appointment, I told her about the stabbing pain I get that goes up my urethra (sp?) and she says it sounds like bladder spasms and she gave me 3 weeks worth of samples of Vesicare. (which I'm afraid to take..will it make me bloat? ) and said to call her if it works/doesn't work...etc...

I don't know if it's connected at all...but last week, I had my first period off birth control in 2-3 years...and it was horrible! I had severe cramping, nausea so bad I threw up, diarrhea, and the heaviest bleeding I ever experienced. (going through 15+ over night pads a day!) I know I should call my ob/gyn but I feel like all the doctors are starting to think I'm a loon and just making <IT>or something.

What is wrong with me?

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-27-2008 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Removed censored word and replaced it with proper language. Ms_Mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2008, 07:46 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

dream77 HB User
Re: Chronic pain,Bladder Spasms,Blood and protein in my urine? But nothings wrong?!

Has someone suggested going to an endocrinologist and rheuamtologist for pain in the mornings when you wake up ?
Are you diabetic ?

Old 08-27-2008, 01:27 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

pinkpixies HB User
Re: Chronic pain,Bladder Spasms,Blood and protein in my urine? But nothings wrong?!

No, I'm not diabetic...they keep testing me and it's always normal.

All my doctors say that the pain is from either my weight or anxiety.

Last edited by pinkpixies; 08-27-2008 at 01:27 PM.

Old 08-27-2008, 04:17 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

AuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB User

I friend of mine had similar symptoms - and similar experiences with the doctor-merry-go-round - and she was eventually diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis.

Old 08-27-2008, 05:29 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

pinkpixies HB User

Any idea how Interstitial Cystitis is diagnosed? My CT scan was normal...

Old 08-27-2008, 08:04 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

AuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB User

Doctors argue among themselves over it. There isn't any one dx procedure - that's what makes the dx so difficult.

Clear urine samples (no bacteria) for several months in the continued presence of symptoms. (Not easy since IC can often cause infections)

Rule out any other problems that might look like IC - and it's a long list - like bladder cancer, STDs, kidney/bladder stones, infections or endometriosis.

Cystoscopy, a scope of the bladder down under general anesthesia. They can check for ulcers or pinpoint bleeding in the bladder wall, a possible cause for blood in urine.

[url]http://www.kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseases/pubs/interstitialcystitis_ez/[/url]

Last edited by AuntieLeela; 08-27-2008 at 08:06 PM.

Old 08-27-2008, 11:53 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

pinkpixies HB User

Ah...well my urologist seems to think nothing is wrong. She did one test which came back normal and didn't think I needed a follow up appointment...just said to call if the Vesicare helps.

Closed Thread