It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2008, 03:54 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User
Bladder spasms.

Hi all x Could any relate to what lm about to write and tell me if you think lm having bladder spasms please? Ive been urinating alot (per usual) the last few days and even got up a few times through the night lm shattered anyway when l did get up this morning my bladder felt so full and heavy/achy when l went to the loo as l began to wee (sorry for the description) l got the most horrible pain ever in my lower stomach it felt like a thousand red hot needles all different sizes stabbing my lower stomach l had to grab my stomach and boy did it make me sit up straight!!! Ive had this the odd time before and when lve been checked for urine infections they have been clear. Does this sound like a nasty spasm? Thanks guys xxx

Last edited by niecsey; 09-28-2008 at 03:56 AM.

Old 09-28-2008, 02:30 PM   #2
(female)

newbrunswick HB User
Re: Bladder spasms.

I don't know if its a spasm - but I've had that before and it hurts.....Almost makes you say "ok, don't need to go right now".

I have a friend who has a host of issue with her bladder, and she will fill the tub up with water, and go in the tub. Sounds gross, but she says it doesn't hurt when she does it that way if shes having a hard time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2008, 05:27 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

hanelo4 HB User

Hi there

It might be best to get your urine checked again to make sure you don't have a bladder infection just to rule that out. They can get really nasty.

I hope you feel better soon

Old 09-29-2008, 05:32 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks both of you x Ive just done a water sample this morning as l see the rheumy tonight (1st visit to see if l have fibro or whatever) and it dont look to healthy to me it is very orange looking , and looks like it has white floaters in it and even looks like theres cotton wool in it when it settles! Sorry for the graphic description lol It could be normal? Will let you know later on what they say about my water sample. Havnt had the pain again thankfully!! Take care all xxx

Old 09-29-2008, 01:08 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User

With fibromyalgia, the whole body will participate in trying to get rid of the abnormal accumulation of phosphates in the body. Most of it will be excreted through urine. Excess phosphates combines in the bladder with calcium or magnesium to form crystals in the urine. The crystals settle to the lowest portion of the bladder, near the opening of the uretha where they concentrate. During urination, this collection of crystals exits with the start of urinary flow which acts like sandpaper, damaging the delicate lining. This abrasive action can be followed by bacterial infections.

If this isn't the cause of your pain, and UTI has been ruled out, you may have a condition known as Interstitial Cystitis. This is an inflammation of the bladder that is not bacterial in nature, and many FMS patients can atest to the misery of this condition.

Based on your description of "orangey looking", you may need to drink more water to dilute your urine.

If this continues to be a problem, a trip to the urologist is in order.

Blessings,
Kirstee

Old 09-30-2008, 12:36 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks Kirstee x all that was mentioned about my sample was it had white floaters in it! You know been dxn with fibro is a hard slog ... still early days sigh thanks for your reply it was very interesting xx

Old 10-01-2008, 12:52 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

DeBeachSiren HB User

Hi,

Bladder spasms are a part of fibro sorry to say. Our bladders don't fully empty at times. I found that about any time I am in water it causes them, usually in a pool, not a bath. We are hypersensitive to things so anything with any fragrance in it can also cause spasms. Be careful with laundry soaps, fabric softeners and bleach.

I let this go a few years ago after repeated urine tests that showed no infections. After a few months it drove me crazy. I don't get this very often anymore, but I have been known to use ice packs down there and it does help me a bit. A urologist scoped me and found a small tumor in my bladder. It was cancerous. So don't let this go on very long.

I am not trying to scare you. I know it's hard.......you never know what's a serious symptom when we have so many painful occurances.

Hope you're alright,
AnneBoleyn

Old 10-01-2008, 09:41 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Anne thanks for the reply x had my first rheumy appnt. Going to post over on fibro board in a min xxx

Closed Thread