It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2008, 10:34 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

deskette HB User
im pretty sure this is just a bladder infection...???

im no longer in a relationship, but i was with someone for like a year and he was the only guy i slept with, yes no condom. i have been on birth control. well we used lub and when we did sometimes it was TOO MUCH lub... like way too much. the last time we did have intercourse we had too much lub. it was probably a week or 2 ago. i remember in past experiences, when we used too much lub i would in fact get a UTI. i found out recently that he cheated on me 4-5 months ago, and i know i need to get tested because of that... but within the past week it started to burn during urination, the urine is now cloudy and lately i have been having diarrea. im not ruling out any STD because i know its possible, but because he cheated on me such a long time ago (im pretty sure thats the only time he did), im thinking that it is just a UTI seeing as how it just started happening a week after intercourse. agree or disagree with it being a UTI?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2008, 08:53 PM   #2
(female)

andiesq70 HB User
Re: im pretty sure this is just a bladder infection...???

Not real sure but UTI's do cause burning during urination. Other symptoms include; urge to urinate with little urine released or maybe blood tinged, urge to urniate recurs quickly and possible soreness in lower abdomen, back or sides, plus vomiting, fever, chills or nausea can occur. I've had one and had and they are no fun. The main symptom of feeling like you have to urinate and little to none with burning is how I think you know for sure that is what it is.

Last edited by andiesq70; 10-08-2008 at 08:54 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2008, 06:38 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User

Regardless of the cause, you seem to have an infection and you ought to get in for testing. Having symptoms a week after intercourse is the right timing for it to be related to sex. Not sure how you can get an infection from the lubricant though.

One more thing, women often show no sign of an STD, so maybe you did have something for a while and it is just now showing up for whatever reason. I highly advise seeing your doctor for treatment.

Old 10-14-2008, 06:17 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I agree with you that this can definitely be a UTI. They can cause upset stomachs as well, which is what you said you had going on. I would go to the doctor ASAP and see if this is what's going on. Mostly likely, that's what it is since those are very normal UTI symptoms. Just don't wait too long or it will get worse and can spread to your kidneys. I usually end up going within a day or two anyway because it hurts so much if you wait too long... I felt like needles were inside of me! If you DO have to wait a few days for your appointment, try some AZO for helping with the symptoms. It WILL NOT cure the infection, but will help with the discomfort. Just a warning that not everybody knows... AZO makes your pee orange colored, so don't be alarmed if you give it a try!

Old 10-15-2008, 09:12 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

deskette HB User

i actually got some bactrim antibiotics from my friend.. her mom is a nurse and those seemed to cure it. so i feel better right now. thank you all for the responses!

Closed Thread