It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2008, 04:15 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User
Questions about bladder, IC, Cystoscopy, NEED HELP NOW PLEASE

During a cystoscopy, can a monitor be hooked up to the equipment to watch the hydrodistention on the monitor. Can the procedure be video taped? Can photos be taken of the bladder during the hydrodistention?

Is bladder capacity measured with hydrodistention?

Does bladder capacity or volume of the liquid used to distend the bladder have to be measured when doing a hydrodistention?

Can bladder capacity be measured during a cystoscopy/hydrodistention with a cystogram while your asleep under anesthesia?

If your bladder is shrinking, does that mean that the size would be smaller than normal? With time, would the size continue to reduce?

If you have normal bladder capacity awake, is it possible to have low capacity under anesthesia?

Need to know by Monday morning, if anyone can help, please please let me know! Thanks.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:17 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User
Re: Questions about bladder, IC, Cystoscopy, NEED HELP NOW PLEASE

My doctor admitted a monitor can be used during a cystoscopy but claims he doesn't do that.

He claims you cannot accurately measure bladder capacity when someone is asleep.

He admitted I would have frequency if my bladder was shrinking.

Now claims there is no such thing as mild to deep sedation and that he had nothing to do with how I was sedated during my cystoscopy, which is a lie because he is the one who said no to the spinal and promised to me that I'd just be mildly sedated.

He admitted that interstitial cystitis cannot be diagnosed from a bladder biopsy like mine was. Though the start with he claimed otherwise, but denied he ever said anything.

Now I know he's nothing but a liar.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2009, 06:58 AM   #3
(female)

bp8me2 HB User

I would suggest seeing another doctor - one who specializes in urology. From what you're saying, something's not quite right with your doc.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:33 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp8me2 View Post
I would suggest seeing another doctor - one who specializes in urology. From what you're saying, something's not quite right with your doc.
He does specialize in urology, he also specializes in lying.

90% of everything he told me, I have found out is nothing but a lie.

Your bladder empty is equilivant to the size of a tennis ball, as it fills with urine, it stretches and gets bigger. If I had a low capacity, it would not be able to reach it's normal capacity, thus, making my bladder SMALL, this jerk however says I have a low capacity, my bladder is shrinking, but the size is normal. I don't think so. You could use a balloon as a demonstration of how your bladder expands. If your bladder is unable to hold but just a little bit of urine, it will not have a normal size, just like adding water to a balloon, just add a little and it will not get very big. That's a perfect example of what your bladder does.

I was originally diagnosed with reactive cystitis (chronic condition), which is what is known as chemical cystitis. Now my urologist is trying to say reactive is an inflammation to anything and that it's IC. My other doctor explained it as a reaction to just chemicals. He was not lying, my urologist was.

You can measure bladder capacity with hydrodistention. A cystogram is not used to measure capacity under anethesia. Furthermore, your capacity will be higher during a hydrodistention then your asleep in bed capacity, but when I wake up and pea in the morning, my capacity is very normal, usually 600cc, 400 cc is considered the normal range. So he in no question lied when he said your bladder can't hold much, because with IC it can't hold much.

The problem is I don't have IC. It was nothing but a mistake on my medical records. Everything they told me pertaining to this condition was nothing but a lie. I could keep going on and on and on about what he lied about. I went to him trying to get the truth, and he just didn't want to give it to me. The problem is that it looks to me like my 1st urologist did not want me having my prolapses fixed telling me my bladder was shrinking getting smaller & smaller, and that I could make this IC condition that much worse by having it done. However this condition was nothing but a lie and I had 3 organ prolapses only after this same doctor performed his first cystoscopy & hydrodistention on me. See the problem?

Old 01-09-2009, 04:34 AM   #5
(female)

bp8me2 HB User

I'm happy to hear you have a doc with a brain. That's exactly why I get second opinions on any diagnoses that are of major concern. Good luck with your speedy recovery and happy new year!

Old 01-10-2009, 10:00 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

He couldn't have much of a brain, or he wouldn't be lying to me like he is.

I don't know what the medical board would do if I turned him in, because I do have evidence, not that I am going to say how, but I'd think he could be risking loosing his job or being fined.

I doubt though that I will do anything. I just want the truth, but instead, I just get lied to.

I'm a bit aggrivated because I have problems & don't know why. I can't take these issues to a doctor that wants to do nothing but lie to me. I can't trust him and I don't have another urologist to go to.

I pea'd green urine for 4 days recently. I got rid of it using Cipro though there was no apparent infection. So at my follow up appt at a clinic, the doctor blames it on something I ate. I'm like what, peanut butter/jelly sandwiches & chips, but it didn't seem to matter.

I have pain medication to control my pain, at least. I do have some good doctors, but they just don't specialize in this field of medicine.

Closed Thread