It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2009, 07:31 PM   #1
(female)

TRP29 HB User
Bladder infection + Pregnancy symptoms??

I went to the doctors on 12/20 with a bladder infection (frequent urge to pee, blood, hurts to pee etc). My doctor gave me a sample medication, an antibiotic for bladder infections in powder form that you mix with water. I threw away the package & forgot the name. Within a few hours I felt 100% better. A few days later my breast started hurting. They are constantly sore & appear to be getting bigger, they feel heavier. New Years Eve, I started having lower back pain & nausea on & off again, but no symptoms of a bladder infection.

The bladder infection symptoms returned yesterday. At my original doctors appointment my doctor gave me that sample stuff & also wrote a prescription for Macrobid 100 mg, he said IF the sample stuff didn't clear it up within 3 days to go back for the Macrobid. The sample stuff DID clear it up but the infection came back so I picked the pills up yesterday.

I should have got my period around the 29th or the 30th of December, I haven't got it yet. I took a pregnancy test last night because of the sore breasts, late period & nausea, it was negative. My last period was from November 29th to December 3rd, I am usually pretty regular. Could the Macrobid give a false negative? I started taking it before I took the pregnancy test. It does effect the color of urine. or is it just the bladder infection that is causing these symptoms? On the drug info sheet they gave me it does say that Macrobid can cause nausea, however I wasn't on it on the 31st when I first started to feel nauseated. I am also aware that lower back pain + symptoms of a bladder infection can indicate a kidney infection. Would a kidney infection cause the soreness of my breasts??

Also whats with the back to back bladder infections? I have heard that bladder infections do reoccur but so soon? I have had 2 others but spread out over a period of 3 years. I never felt any of these other symptoms with my previous infections.

Any info would be appreciated. I will probably end up going back to the doctors tomorrow.

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2009, 08:42 AM   #2
(female)

TRP29 HB User
Re: Bladder infection + Pregnancy symptoms??

I went back to the doctors today. Did another urine sample, negative for pregnancy but positive for white blood cells. The doctor suspects I have a kidney infection due to the back and abdominal pain I have. He told me to stop taking the Macrobid's and I am now on Ciprofloxacin. He has no explanation for the sore breasts and late period. I have found some other posts on other message boards with women with similar symptoms (sore breast etc) who thought they may be pregnant but it turned out to be UTI instead. However these symptoms are not listed on any website under a UTI.

Closed Thread