It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2009, 09:34 PM   #1
(female)

BeanTree HB User
CT scan showed an air pocket in bladder

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I had a CT scan Wed. Morning of my abdomen and pelvic cavity. I am a 29 yr old female, and I just reviewed the results with my general practitioner who is sending me to s surgeon because he had NO CLUE what this result meant. Apparently, there is an "air pocket" in my bladder.
Has any one ever heard of this? Can anyone tell me what causes this or what they are going to do for me? Is this dangerous?
Anyone who has any info - PLEASE respond!!!

Thanks,

Katie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2009, 08:01 AM   #2
(female)

sheila111364 HB User
Re: CT scan showed an air pocket in bladder

Hi Kate. Did you ever get an answer to this question? I just came back from having a CT scan this morning and they told me the same thing. The scan showed air in my bladder. I am freaking out. Is this dangerous?

Sheila

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2009, 04:18 PM   #3
(female)

carole55 HB User

Hi Kate,
I recently was diagnosed with diverticulitis, which they found with a CT scan, they also found that I have air in my bladder. I am going to see my urologist on Sept 14th, but I have been having a lot of pain on my left side for the last few days, so I may call my family doctor tomorrow. Did you see and get any answers to your problem?

The Following User Says Thank You to carole55 For This Useful Post:
BRUCEBURAS (10-27-2012)
Old 09-21-2010, 06:01 PM   #4
(female)

angieconnell72 HB User

I am going through the same thing.......I was diagnosed with IC (Interstitual Cystitis) about 5 years ago and have not received treatment since then. I just had a CT scan done, due to pain in the left side of my back. The doctor said I have air in my bladder. They initially thought I had was kidney stones, which is why the CT was ordered. My urinalysis did show Nitrates but no bacteria. I had a bladder infection about 2 weeks ago and was treated with antibiotics. What does this mean to have air in the bladder? The Dr could not answer????

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanTree View Post
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I had a CT scan Wed. Morning of my abdomen and pelvic cavity. I am a 29 yr old female, and I just reviewed the results with my general practitioner who is sending me to s surgeon because he had NO CLUE what this result meant. Apparently, there is an "air pocket" in my bladder.
Has any one ever heard of this? Can anyone tell me what causes this or what they are going to do for me? Is this dangerous?
Anyone who has any info - PLEASE respond!!!

Thanks,

Katie

Closed Thread