It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2009, 12:58 PM   #1
(male)

saratsanchi HB User
Bladder tuberculosis

Hi everybody,
Is Bladder tuberculosis has a symptom nitrites in urine like other bacteria?
Is Bladder tuberculosis sexually transmitted disease?
Please help me somebody with advice, it will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2009, 03:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

harka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB User
Re: Bladder tuberculosis

Hi,

Genitourinary tuberculosis is one of the more "common" extrapulmonary manifestations of tuberculosis. No, there are generally no nitrites in the urine with GU TB, rather, one of the more typical signs is sterile pyuria...i.e. white cells in the urine with no evidence of bacterial infection.

This is NOT a sexually transmitted disease. People who have GU TB were exposed to pulmonary TB at some point in the past. The TB while never becoming symptomatic in the lungs was able to quietly spread to the lymphatics and make its way to the genitourinary system. Usually it's the kidney itself which is infected, but the tubercle bacilli can definitely pass down to the lower urinary tract and affect the bladder.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2009, 07:55 PM   #3
(male)

saratsanchi HB User

HI

Thanks for your quick response. If we do sex with a person who has Genitourinary tuberculosis, do we get or not(without protection)? Please let me know.

Thanks again

Old 01-25-2009, 08:31 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

harka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB User

You don't get it.

Closed Thread