It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2009, 09:47 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Kertie446 HB User
Bladder not emtying correctly...

Hi, everyone

I have excessive urinary frequency in the day and night with abdominal pressure/discomfort, particularly on the right side of my lower abdomen.

I have had tests and have been told that I have no abnormalities on the pelvic ultrasound but I do have a large post residual micturition volume of 140cc, meaning, from what I can gather my bladder is leaving this in and when I go it is always leaving this amount in after going which is what is causing the excessive frequency as my bladder is filling up much faster than it usually should as it is not fully emtying.

I'm not sure on what the treatments may be for this where the bladder constantly leaves urine inside and does not empty completely.

I appreciate anyones advice as I'm not sure on the treatments and would feel better knowing what my options are.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Niad

Old 01-30-2009, 05:42 PM   #2
(female)

venusfairy HB User
Re: Bladder not emtying correctly...

I am also retaining a lot of urine and would love to know the reason,Im having to pee like every 15 mins and it is driving me crazy!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2009, 07:08 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

LauraLu HB UserLauraLu HB User
Re: Bladder not emtying correctly...

Niad - your symptoms sound incredibly similar to mine. My family doctor suspects interstitial cystitis, and I am terrified of such a diagnosis because there is no cure. I also had a pelvic ultrasound, however, everything looked completely normal. My gyn. thought I may have had a cyst on my right ovary (I do not). It's odd because my pain and pressure is predominately on the right side only...and in my lower right back. It's taking over my life. I see a urologist in two weeks. If anything turns up, I'll share my findings as it seems we share similar symptoms. Take care of yourself.

Old 01-31-2009, 10:28 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Kertie446 HB User
Question Re: Bladder not emtying correctly...

Hi, venusfairy and LauraLu.

venusfairy, I have read that sometimes it can be obstructions in various parts of the urinary tract or it may be due to spinal cord problems even. I have a spine problem where I have a Schmorls Node and a central herniation of my lumbar disc and DDD in various discs and my urogynaecologist is not sure last time I saw him if my urinary retention is due to my spine issue as the various spine surgeons have done nothing to help me or treat men in any way and have told me to suffer my spine problem for the rest of my life. They tend to call it neurogenic bladder as it is neurological in nature of presentation.

LauraLu, I could be wrong but I actually do not think from reading about interstitial cystitis that that condition makes you retain urine in the bladder, interstitial cystitis is more inflammation and where the bladder wall becomes scarred and stiff that is chronic from what I have read, like a chronic urinary tract infection. I too had a pelvic ultrasound and it came back normal. I also get the discomfort mainly on my right lower side of my abdomen too, though I also get urethral discomfort, not during going but after going and throughout the day and night. I really do hope you have not got interstitial cystitis as it is such a horrible condition to have to live with from what I have read and the fact there is no cure just serves to make it even worse. I hope you do eventually find out what it is but that it may be treatable when you see your urologist. Good luck. I would be interested to know what your urologist recommends and will keep you updated on mine too as I have an appointment with him on 12 February 2009.

Kind regards to both of you.

Niad

Closed Thread