It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2009, 04:45 PM   #1
(female)

mcmtenor HB User
Bladder sling & scratching during intercourse

I had a hysterectomy as well as had a bladder sling put in. The first time my husband and I had sex (after 6 weeks) he felt "scratching". I can feel the scratching as well. I left a message with my doctor for a follow up but I was just wondering if this is something that anyone has ever heard of? Is this a common problem? Thanks for any advice!

Old 02-25-2009, 11:23 PM   #2
(female)

Dolphin43 HB User
Re: Bladder sling & scratching during intercourse

Hi mcmtenor,

I was supposed to be having the bladder sling in nov op to lift my bladder to stop incontinence but the day of op i asked if i could have fascia taken from above my pubic area to make a sling out of my muscle to avoid the above as i read so many stories on the net of people saying they had probs with the tape they use for the above.

Make an urgent appt to see urologist a.s.a.p. i would.

Dolphin.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2009, 09:38 PM   #3
(female)

INPAIN101 HB User

I have the scratchy and itchy feeling too and I also have alot of severe pain since the birth of my child 3 months ago I want to hear if anyone has had sucess from the removal of this thing that now invades my body. If anyone has advice or knowledge please help.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:34 PM   #4
(female)

mcmtenor HB User

Since my initial post, I have seen my doctor and it turns out that my vaginal incision from the surgery had not healed all the way. Or it had healed but had opened up. I was on Premarin for 4 weeks, which stimulates healing, and it did help and my incision closed up. However, I am having the problem again - which he said could happen. I have a call into his office, so I'm waiting on them to get back to me.

Old 04-22-2009, 01:55 PM   #5
(male)

Ben MN HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmtenor View Post
I had a hysterectomy as well as had a bladder sling put in. The first time my husband and I had sex (after 6 weeks) he felt "scratching". I can feel the scratching as well. I left a message with my doctor for a follow up but I was just wondering if this is something that anyone has ever heard of? Is this a common problem? Thanks for any advice!
Dear mcmtenor,
Your sling has eroded into your vagina. You should see your urologist or gynecologist urgently.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:16 AM   #6
(female)

mcmtenor HB User

I just had mesh revision surgery last week and so far, so good.
I am feeling much better already. This seems to be something, while not common, is at least not unheard of.

Closed Thread