It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2009, 06:33 PM   #1
(female)

Thatonechick589 HB User
Angry Possible bladder infection? What the DUCE?! Answers-Please!

First a little backstory. I'm eighteen and a half, I take Yaz birth control, and have since August or so of last year. Last year I had a few bladder infections, probably three or four, and I had a yeast infection about a month and a half or so after my last bladder infection.

After my last bladder infection last year, I've pretty much just been drinking water. Lots and lots of water, and cranberry juice(or cran-grape or cran-raspberry), every once in a while I'll drink some caffeine free herbal tea. Very rarely do I drink a soda, maybe half a can a month if that.

Recently, within the week or so, I've noticed my urine burns in the morning dispite me drinking a few glasses of water before bed. Starting two nights ago, I'd pee right before bed, lay down and get comfortable, and then feel like I had to pee again, I'd get up and go and hardly anthing would come out.

Then when I'd lay back down and relax, same feeling. Now, it's doing it during the day. I know it's most likely a bladder infection, and I'll probably have to go on anti-biotics for it again, and I'll also remember to eat plenty of yogurt this time so I (HOPEFULLY) won't get a yeast infection.

My question to all of you, is what could have caused this? I've been so careful with what I drink, I don't drink anything with too high of an acid content or anything.
Could it be my birth control?
Did I do something wrong?

Last edited by Thatonechick589; 03-10-2009 at 06:34 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2009, 10:51 PM   #2
(female)

Sugarmesweet HB User
Re: Possible bladder infection? What the DUCE?! Answers-Please!

I was looking up something unrelated and found a condition as you sort of described called IC.

Interstitial Cystitis / Painful Bladder SyndromeDescribes the causes, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment of interstitial cystitis (IC). Defines the two types of IC, ulcerative and nonulcerative.
[url]www.niddk.nih.gov/health/urolog/pubs/cystitis/cystitis.htm[/url] -
Never heard of it before....potassium rich foods like bananas and caffine can be a trigger. hope you find relief.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread