It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2009, 02:53 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User
What does bladder spasm pain feel like?

Hi was wondering if anyone could kindly describe what they feel when their bladder spasms? The reason l ask is l woke up this morning with a sharp needle like pain right in the middle of my lower stomach which sort of shoots alittle way upwards. It only lasts seconds but is coming and going. I have had a few urine infections lately and also lots of symptoms of infections without actually having an infection. I also have a right ovarain cyst. Sometimes l wee a heck of alot and some mornings l can hardly wee (after the first one lm ok) sometimes my wee comes out really slow. I dont know if this is cyst connected. However l dont think the pain lm describing is. Thanks for any replies x

Old 06-24-2009, 10:51 PM   #2
(male)

snorp HB User
Re: What does bladder spasm pain feel like?

Could be the beginning of stones. The spasms are contractions trying to move the object through th system. As they move, you 'll experience different levels of pain. Once it gets lodged at the exit, the stream of urine is slowed or stopped. Then it moves to the system. If I were you, I would get to a urologist a soon as you can. If it is stones, the pain is undescribable. The sooner you know the better chance you can have them pulverized. I have chronic spinal pain, on narcotics including morphine and the drugs don't touch the pain of stones. Nothing to mess around with. Was descibed to me to be much worse than pregnancy because once in the tubes, the contractions are constant, no breaks. I hope for your sake it's something else!! Good luck.

Last edited by snorp; 06-24-2009 at 10:54 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2009, 03:15 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks Snorp! x will mention this all next friday at my gyny appnt. I havnt got it now however l feel like my wee isnt coming as fast as it should be! Im going to wrote some notes to take with me so l dont forget anything. I also have back pain and other things going on which have been put down to fibromyalgia.... still been investigated on that one so after years of complaints lm still at the beginning of any diagnosis! Thansk again hope your ok and will let you know how l get on thanks again xxx

Old 06-25-2009, 12:06 PM   #4
(male)

snorp HB User

Mentioning back pain makes my hunch gather more creedence. Your kidneys are sore and achy up until they are so achy that you can't really do much. Just had to let you know after your post reminded me. Good luck!

Old 06-25-2009, 10:18 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User

It is like an involuntary kegal exercise. If you have had children you will know exactly what I am talking about. It's not a pain but is exhausting and annoying. I have had them for months. Urologist doesn't know why. He said some times they occur after UTIs. I did have back surgery a year ago but surgeon didn't think it was connected. Who knows? I stopped taking the pills because they dry me out and I already have dry eyes and mouth.
I had the pain in the right side too and the dr thought I had passed a kidney stone.
You probably should get checked out

Old 06-26-2009, 02:27 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks to both of you. Talking about kidneys l had a kidney blood test a few weeks ago as l had been mentioning pain around my right side up into my back the rumpy area the test came back that my kidneys were working really hard. I wasnt dehydrated etc l was drinking loads but l was also weeing alot. They didnt seem worried. I will defo be taking notes next week cos l am fed up to the back teeth now... for years every PROBLEM l had was blamed on my thyrotoxicosis... they kept saying when you levels are normal you will be cured! Well l aint! l had the thyroid removed 2 years ago next week and l am worse with alot of different symptoms and symptoms that have since magnified ... because l was hyper, urinating alot was blamed on to that, everything was! I have reached a point now where l am seriously worried that they have ignored something big.... l hope l am wrong... mel l think l know the feeling you are describing its hard to explain. Well enough for now thanks again and l will let you know how it goes. Take care xxx

Closed Thread