It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2009, 09:07 AM   #1
(female)

michellez HB User
Constent bladder pressure with negitive urinary tract infection?

I'm a 38 year old who last week develop what I thought was a urinary track infection. I was running to the bathroom every 5 minutes as I had a constent urge to urinate but when I did only a few drops would come out. I went to my MD and they tested me for an Urinary track infection but it came back negative. By the weekend I was going crazy as I was unable to sleep it was so bad and I went to the ER. Again they tested me for a UTI and it came back negative. They did an ultrasound to see if my bladder was distended but it was completely empty. They gave me Detrol to calm my nerves in my bladder but it did not work at all.They did a cat scan and all that showed was large fibroids in my uterus. The ER told me it could ether be my fibroid or a bladder issue. I'm so frustrated now as I have had the fibroids for years so why now would they all of a sudden bother me so? It just does not make sense. Then this "bladder issue" what could it be that would just come on all of a sudden and be so severe? Except for the CONSTENT urge to urinate ALL the time I have no other symptoms

The Following User Says Thank You to michellez For This Useful Post:
MGAustralia (07-22-2012)
Old 07-12-2009, 10:38 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tattoogirl HB User
Re: Constent bladder pressure with negitive urinary tract infection?

I have this and get NO sleep. My son laughs that I pee every 5 minutes (I start the joking, he could probably care less but I just feel the need)....I joke with him but honestly it's not funny. I cope by laughing at "mommy's small bladder." My dad, who is a physician, said to go to a Urologist because it could be Interstitial Cystitis. I used to work for a Urologist and would assist in using the Cystoscope to look inside a persons bladder. I also administered a treatment called DMSO at the time, not sure if it still exists (think it does-AWFUL SMELL-comes out of the pores). Never wanted to be on the opposite end of this stuff!

Look it up and you might have an ah ha moment...I did. I have to pee so bad now as I type. My doctor has told me to cut down on water but that doesn't make it better, than I am sooooooo thirsty! Actually I am always thirsty (I am not diabetic, have you had this checked out?). I often get treated by doctors that "everything is in my head" because of my Bipolar and actually have been told that TOO MANY TIMES TO COUNT-SUCKS!

Also, I know some medicines can do this. Check the side effects of your meds. I used to have this on Topomax years ago.

and WELCOME TOO

Last edited by tattoogirl; 07-12-2009 at 10:40 AM. Reason: added hello

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2009, 02:49 PM   #3
(female)

michellez HB User

Thanks for replying. I looked into Interstitial Cystitis but it said it comes with burning on urination and abdomen pain which I don't have. My only complaint is the constent urge to urinate from the pressure.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:39 PM   #4
(female)

Jarileigh HB User

My best friend has the need to urinate every 5 seconds (it comes and goes) and she tested negative for infection 4 times before they found kidney stones. Of course by then she had the pain (which also comes and goes) that comes with kidney stones, but I thought I would add this because kidney stones can be not painful at times, depending on where they are located, and they can block the urinary tube (urether sp?) and make you feel like you need to pee constantly and only a small amount of urine comes out. Good luck!

Old 09-15-2009, 09:42 PM   #5
(female)

Jarileigh HB User

Michelle Did they look at your kidney when they did the CAT scan? My friend also did not respond to Detrol (she was not having bladder spasms)

Old 09-15-2009, 10:01 PM   #6
(female)

marta12 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarileigh View Post
My best friend has the need to urinate every 5 seconds (it comes and goes) and she tested negative for infection 4 times before they found kidney stones. Of course by then she had the pain (which also comes and goes) that comes with kidney stones, but I thought I would add this because kidney stones can be not painful at times, depending on where they are located, and they can block the urinary tube (urether sp?) and make you feel like you need to pee constantly and only a small amount of urine comes out. Good luck!
hi i had that problem 13 years ago.bad pain in bladder always goind to the bathroom, then i found out i had interstitial cytitis

Closed Thread