It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2009, 02:29 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Mass in Bladder-yikes

My hubby started off last week with blood in his urine. The family doctor did some blood work, and sent him off for an MRI, which has been read today, as a mass on the bladder...that's it so far.

I have had my share of medical issues myself, but now it's my hubby. It's my job to learn all I can, so I am appealing to my HealthBoard friends to get me off in the right direction.

Thank you in advance...

Old 11-15-2009, 10:20 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB User
Re: Mass in Bladder-yikes

Hope things turn out OK. My father is going through the same thing, in process of getting cystoscopy. I know in my father's case, the likelihood of cancer is great since he has had prostate cancer for 15 years.

Does your hubby have back pain as well? Does he bleed every time he voids?

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2009, 08:06 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

Although it is not visible, there is blood in his urine still according to the tests.

Thank you for your response, I guess time will tell, but the waiting is always trying, as we all know.

Thank you for your response..

Old 11-15-2009, 08:08 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

He is having lower back pain, although he is a retired brick layer, so everything hurts. It's hard to isolate it as a distinct bladder pain.

Old 11-19-2009, 05:50 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

montesflus HB Usermontesflus HB User

Hi, writeleft,

I sent you a post today on the kidney board.

I'm sorry to hear about your husband's problem, regarding the mass on his bladder. What further testing or treatment is his urologist suggesting? Has it definitely been confirmed as being a malignant growth? Perhaps you might try posting on the cancer board here, they might know more over there re your hubby's bladder prob.

My heart goes out to you. I know you are suffering due to your kidney prob, and this situation with your hubby obviously can't be helping.

I wish both of you the VERY BEST POSSIBLE OUTCOME and try please not to be too disheartened. You at least will have a better chance to receive a kidney than my husband will. He's considered to be too old. That is, unless we try to do something outside the US. But it has not yet come to that, and as long as he's stable around the 30-34 GFR range, I'm enormously grateful.

Monte

Last edited by montesflus; 11-19-2009 at 05:55 PM.

Closed Thread