It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2010, 12:37 PM   #1
(female)

JodiH HB UserJodiH HB UserJodiH HB UserJodiH HB User
vesicare for bladder issues while traveling

Does anyone take vesicare for frequency/urgency of urination? I am starting them for my upcoming cruise as my frequent bathroom trips are completely controlling my life. I've taken a couple to try it and plan to only use them for vacations. I can tell it worked somewhat; I definitely didn't go hourly. You do need to take fiber etc while on them as constipation is a big side effect. So my upcoming first cruise in europe is becoming more about packing a medical chest. Unbelievable.... copaxone, seasickness bracelets, patches, draminamine, metrazol (sp) for potential vertigo, multi vitamins, omegas ( I take eatable ones) etc. I can see why MS makes you healthier as I never took so many vitamins. I think I'll leave my calcium/d drink at home. Too much to take. Now I have to call shared solutions to see how much leeway I have on when I take the shot. I am an am injector but in europe that will be lunch time. Thanks for letting me ramble on this somewhat pointless entry.

Old 10-11-2010, 06:01 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: vesicare for bladder issues while traveling

Jodi, LOL! Your "pointless entry" really wasnt pointless! And it did make me smile!
You should stick to a 24 hour injection and if you cant do it exactly within 24 hours, err to the side of more hours, not less......you can get onto a schedule once you get there and get comfortable on the boat!

As for packing a medicine chest...i do it too. Just came back from Vegas, where I had taken all my supplements and my shots- and my special water bottle which I always carry with me...and my creams, arnica, yada yada....I always come back lbs lighter then when i leave because ive used up so much of what i took with me! Youll do the same thing...but the point is, GO and RELAX! HAVE FUN! You earned it after the last 6 months!!

When do you leave??
Nikki

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2010, 03:26 AM   #3
(female)

JodiH HB UserJodiH HB UserJodiH HB UserJodiH HB User

I leave Friday night from toronto. I am about two hours from toronto. fly all nite to Venice, arrive at noon and get on the boat at 5pm. Returning one week later.... thanks for asking! what special water bottle? You can't get through security can you? i always buy a water after security because i always fear getting on the plane and getting stuck on the tarmack or something for hours. good point on erroring on more hours, not less!

Old 10-12-2010, 11:58 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB UserLisa_P HB User

I was on Vesicare for a little while. It actually made things worse! The urgency went away, but that led to MORE accidents. We tried a different (stronger) dose and decided it wasn't any better. I was horribly constipated while taking this thing. SO I no longer use Vesicare or the like. The next option I was offered was SURGERY! Nope. I just put on a Poise pad when I'm planning to be away from home for more than a few hours. Works for now.

Old 10-12-2010, 06:10 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Have a great trip Jodi...tell us all about it when you get back! I have a water bottle, which believe it or not, is shaped like an ice thing that you freeze. Ive carried the stupid thing thru security so many times, and its inside my Rebif kit box, so they think its frozen...the thing is filled with fresh water. The minute I get thru security, I pull it out and drink from it....security, in every airport in every country Ive been in, has been a joke.

Do be prepared though, take the current script off the Copaxone box and carry it with you...if you can get an undated letter from your doctor simply saying "Pt has MS and must carry syringes" that can help too...I even have an undated script for IVSM, just in case which my doc gave me to carry, in case I wound up in a hospital and they had any questions. Ive never needed any of this, but its in my carry-on anyway.

Girlfriend, you earned this trip! Go relax! Details when you return, please! We wnat to know how the cruising thing affected your balance, your sleep and your energy level (and what types of shoes you bought in Venice!)
Nikki

Closed Thread