It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2002, 11:22 AM   #1

flatman HB User
Bladder control after sex

My girlfriend and I have been together over a year now. She means everything to me. Since we began having sex, we've had a number of small problems. Neither of us has had sex more than twice before eah other, but I seem to be a bit too big for her. She says the problem is the girth, or wideness of it. We've never been able to have sex more than once in a weekend because of it. That doesn't bother me a bit, but last time we tried twice in a weekend. Everything went about as planned, but in the days after, she had problems holding her urine. She would urinate and then, a few minutes later have to do it again. This has been going on for a week or so now. We know that it's linked to the sex b/c it once happened immediatley after sex for about an hour, but then subsided. Please tell us if you have ever heard of anyone else suffering from this dilemna. Thank you.

Old 02-11-2002, 04:51 PM   #2
Inactive

whitewolf95 HB User
Re: Bladder control after sex

She needs to go see here doctor and get this checked. In a way it does have to deal with sex but not the way you are thinking. You see with sex it is best for a girl to go to the bathroom before and after sex. The reason being is sex tends to cause UTIs(urinary tract infections). So she could very easily have a UTI since she is having problems like you desribed.
The vagina has amazing stretch abilities,so size RARELY is a problem. So make sure you are getting her aroused enough(Lots of foreplay the more the better). Also using lube can help too. I am not saying you arent doing these things just giving the suggestions just in case.

Also she should be getting yearly check ups that include a pap since she is sexually active. This way if after the above suggestions dont help she can ask her gyno about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2002, 11:36 PM   #3

flatman HB User

Whitewolf;
I'd like to ask you another question. Could UTI's cause any period infrequencies? She's been a bit late and we're thinking, now that we've looked up more on the UTI symptoms that you were correct. Thank you very much for your help.

Old 02-12-2002, 12:10 AM   #4
Inactive

mlgable HB User

Sounds like a urinary tract infection and those are easily treatable. As for that delaying her period. No it shouldn't be causing her period to be late.

Old 02-12-2002, 08:58 AM   #5

stephanie2525 HB User

hi flatman-i have recurrent bladder infections-like one every other month and if i am having alot of sex then i will get them more frequently. there doesn't always have to be symptoms-sometimes just having to pee alot. i have never had any delays or offsets with my periods due to my infections. i have had problems with them (bladder infections) for about 7 years now. if she has this she needs to have it taken care of for it will spread to kidneys and do more damage-not to mention terrible pain. and make sure she pees before and after sex. i know-kind of a mood killer sometimes but i have to do it or the next day i will have an infection. good luck!!

Old 02-12-2002, 10:09 AM   #6
Inactive

whitewolf95 HB User

Well you already got that answer that UTI and periods.
What type of birth control are you guys using? Also if you are using condoms are you staying away from the vulva(outside of the vagina) until after you have put on a condom. In other words I am sugesting that your form(whatever it be) could have failed and you are facing a chance of pregnancy. So have her take a pregnancy test to see if that is why she is late.
Make sure she sees her doctor about the UTI because those can turn really nasty very fast.

Old 03-11-2002, 03:36 AM   #7

worrywart23 HB User

I have frequent UTIs & if she is also experiencing pain when she urinates then it's probably a UTI.
Drinking cranberry juice or taking cranberry pills & urinating frequently, especially before & after sex can help reduce her risk of getting a UTI. There are some over-the-counter meds that she can buy to provide her w/ temporary relief until she can get to a doctor.
She will need to see a doctor each time she gets one though because an antibiotic is needed to cure the infection. Without proper treatment it could become more serious & lead to a kidney infection.
Also, sometimes women may experience UTIs when they try new positions w/ their partners. Some positions press more on the bladder, which can lead to infection.
One other thing, tell her not to hold back orgasms
(don't know why she would want to, haha) that can also cause UTIs sometimes.

Closed Thread