It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2011, 04:27 AM   #1
(male)

David2 HB User
The Full Monty

I am 65 and new to this site, this being my first post. Following a template biopsy, I was diagnose in April with a cancer of the prostate and bladder.

I have been put on Hormone injections LHRH every three months for two years, now on my second inj.

I have just had a TURP and resection of the bladder neck. Now I am to have BCG treatment (first this last Tuesday) also, I then go on to have 5 weeks radio therapy, followed Brachy therapy into the prostate.

The Cancer is a most agressive type, and I am starting to panic. Has anyone had the same combination of cancers - treatment ?. May I ask what your experiences were ?. look forward to your replies.

Old 11-21-2011, 06:36 AM   #2
(female)

Jasmiina HB User
Re: The Full Monty

Hi David,
I am very sorry that you have to face cancer and go through all this.
It seems to me that you already have the whole treatment plan ready and you are taken care of well.
The only treatment I can add is called Virotherapy, and it is said to be very effective if combined with radiation, thus decreasing the side-effects caused by other treatments and/or surgery. Therefore, if it is important for you to improve your immune system, I would suggest trying virotherapy out.
I wish you great success towards recovery! Take care,
Jasmiina

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2011, 02:36 AM   #3
(male)

David2 HB User

Hi Jasmiina,
Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry about the delay in responding but have been rather busy, what with six weeks Chemo/BCG and now am into my third week of IMRT (Eternal Beam) Therapy. As you know after this I am to have the seed implant "Brachytherapy". Spoke to my consultant about Virotherapy, he says that I have enough going on with both bladder and prostate cancers. He does not want at this stage, to introduce another source of treatment. He says that I have to have further checks on my bladder later on down the line, and that the IMRT has a major chance of sucess, without anything else. He is keeping me on hormones for 2 years. Thanks for your support

Kind regards David

Old 12-27-2011, 03:51 AM   #4
(female)

Jasmiina HB User

Hi again David,
You`re welcome! It was just my suggestion, and I`m glad that you at least asked the doctor about this possibility with virotherapy and your doctor is strongly confident in your treatment plan! If you ever have any questions, feel free to ask!
Wishing you to get well soon!
Jasmiina

Closed Thread