It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2012, 03:00 PM   #1
(female)

mabab HB User
Bladder Cancer Prognosis based on the following...

My husband's relative is diagnosed with bladder cancer, but I am trying to figure out his situation based on what I know so far. Here's the info I have, so any opinion is much appreciated!

So the person underwent surgery on his bladder (for the tumor as he was bleeding urine before for about a year but did not see a doc)....the surgery went well and it was thought that everything was alright. THEN after about 3 months to 4 months later he started having horrible pain in his lower back up to the point that he was carried to the hospital as he could not walk from the pain. In the hospital it was discovered that he had a cancer which spread to his tailbone...hence the pain and not being able to walk. He stayed in the hospital for about 2 month going through chemo and getting treatments on-site. Mind you that he is overseas..he lived there. My husband told me that the cancer has been found on his rib, but that the 2 month chemo has gotten rid of it on his rib and now the treatments are concentrated on his tailbone. After those two month treatments, he lost weight and became pale and was sent home for abut a month to recover from the chemo, now he's back to the hospital for the treatments for about 4 months or so. Oh and on his medical doc, I have seen myself that it is written was T3NO with mets.

I have a few questions based on the info I provided you:

1) What stage of a cancer this is?
2) How serious is this?
3) Prognosis and how long he can stay this way?
4) If they stopped and cleared his rib, can he completely clear the tailbone and the bladder as well and have him cancer free eventually?
5) If the docs have managed to clear his rib through the chemo I guess, is this a huge improvement?
6) What should be expected?
7) Why did he loose weight and become pale (chemo effect and the loss of appetite maybe)?
8) I was told that his latest analysis (blood, urine, etc.) were great (not sure what that means in his condition?), but that he has not completely recovered from the chemo.

Any thought and input from what his condition is really like? I'm a bit confused myself. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
bladder cancer, bone cancer, cancer, chemotherapy, metastatic cancer