It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2003, 07:06 PM   #1

given_to_fly HB User
Post too many bladder infections from sex??

hey,
I guess this topic is mainly for girls, but I was wondering if it is only me, but I like get a bladder infectoin almost once a month and I was curious if anyone out there knew why that was, is it because of too much sex? does anyone else out there get a lot of bladder infections?? any suggestions?
thanks

Old 09-22-2003, 10:29 PM   #2

scstar19 HB User
Ok, first of all, I don't think the bladder infections are due to "too much" sex. It may be related to sex, but not because you're having too much. A question for you is are you just having vaginal sex or also anal? If you are having anal and vaginal back to back, that will definitely cause it. So, if that's what you are doing, make sure you are changing condoms or washing up in between. If that isn't the problem, I don't really know what you can do. But, I have heard of girls getting frequent bladder infections from sex. Hope this helps a little bit. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2003, 11:20 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

surrealmeal HB User
Are you getting treated for your bladder infections when you get them?

Old 09-22-2003, 11:49 PM   #4
Inactive

mlgable HB User
Bladder infections even recurrent ones are common. Be sure to urinate before sex and immediately after to help flush bacteria out of your urethra. Be sure you always drink plenty of water daily and drink cranberry juice routinely or take cranberry capsules. Add a vitamin C supplement to your daily routine. Always urinate when you feel the need to and don't try holding it in as this can cause bacteria to grow. When you do get a bladder infection be sure the doc cultures your urine in addition to doing a urinalysis so he can see what bacteria is causing your bladder infection and prescribe the right type of antibiotic for your bladder infection. He might also want to consider running another urinalysis about 2-3 days AFTER you finish your antibiotic to be sure it took care of all of your infection. Be sure you wipe front to back after using the toilet. If you have recurrent bladder infections your doc may want to start you on low dose daily or so many days per month antibiotics as a prophylactic treatment.

Old 09-23-2003, 08:58 AM   #5

given_to_fly HB User
aww, you guys are all so nice. I do try to drink as much cranberry juice as I can, I have been thinking about the capsul things, um..no I do not do it anal I'm not sure if i really want to in all honesty, and..yes, every time I get a bladder infection, I know the symptoms like the back of my hand, so I just go to my doctor and he gives me usually the same thing to cure it, somtimes somthing different, somtimes not, he's told me everything to do to try and prevent them...I havn't had one for about a 2 weeks now, where going on three...

Old 09-23-2003, 04:29 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

TeTr01 HB User
I used to get UTI's (urinary tract infections) all the time. You should see your Dr. if you already haven't. I have to make sure that I go to the bathroom after I have sex everytime now so that I don't get them.

Old 09-23-2003, 06:32 PM   #7

given_to_fly HB User
well actually i have this thing call vulvalitus..or somthing like that, i get URI all the time, it's kind of a permenant thing. I'm supposed to grow out of it...but..well it's getting better, I used to have it really bad when i was like 13, 14 and 15 but now i only get it on some days...soo..ya..

Old 09-23-2003, 06:54 PM   #8

CaliSunshne00 HB User
I used to have them all the time, usually the day after intercourse..It sounds kinda weird but I was told to go pee directly after sex and it prevents it from happening. From experience, it works! I havent had one since

Old 09-23-2003, 06:59 PM   #9

given_to_fly HB User
thanks so much, I'm gonna try that from now on. thanks you guys really helped me out.

Old 09-25-2003, 08:34 AM   #10
Inactive

mlgable HB User
You mentioned that the doc usually gives you the same thing for your infections????? The doc really does need to do a culture of your urine each time to find out what bacteria is causing your infection as well as what antibiotics that bacteria is most sensitive to. By just giving you any old drug he may not be taking care of the actual bacteria that is causing your infection. Many docs here will give you a broad spectrum antibiotic if you are symptomatic but as soon as the culture and sensitivity results are back they will change your antibiotic if the one they put you on is not the right one for your particular infection. I would definately make sure your doc starts culturing your urine from now on if he doesn't so you can get the right antibiotic. Also it may be wise to have him reculture your urine about 2-3 days after your medication is done to be sure it took care of all of the infection.

Old 09-25-2003, 12:05 PM   #11

given_to_fly HB User
well it's usuallly not the same thing every time there are only like four medications that can cure it...but..he does do a urine test every time...and after each one to make sure it's gone...the past two bladder infections I got the same medication..i havn't had one since the end of august..if it comes back agian, i'll be sure to change it...but i had one at the end of july and only went to the walk in clinic...and then when i went to my family doctor at the end of august he gave me the same thing..only because I had a half bottle of the stuff at home and had already started to take it so he gave me the rest of the amount to make it a full bottle.

Old 10-21-2003, 02:18 PM   #12

nefertiti1969 HB User
Wink

Hey there, I also get very frequent UTI's and Kidney infections. My dr. gave me an RX for Macrodantin there is a generic from of it so if your health insurer requires you to take formulary or generic alternatives. You can and should be the cheapest way to go. I was directed to take them after having intercourse to prevent an infection. Talk to your docter about that method of prevention.

Old 10-22-2003, 07:04 PM   #13

lil T HB User
like the first week i started having sex, i got a bladder infection..so it is really possible! But i started drinking ALOT of water and i havent really got one...water really prevents them things! Cranberry juice too...makes ya feel alot better too

Closed Thread