It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2012, 12:13 PM   #1
(female)

snbdye2000 HB User
Extreme bladder pain when urinating

Hi, I was diagnosed with Endometrial (Uterine) cancer 1.5 years ago. I had a complete hysterectomy and they thought they got it all. I had a recurrence of 3 tumors in my pelvic area 7 months later. I finished 8 rounds of chemo last month and my ct showed the tumors started growing again (they had shrunk 40% after 4 rounds of chemo) and that it has now invaded my bladder. I knew something was up when the bladder pain came back right before my 8th treatment. (the largest tumor was pressing against the bladder, which is what took me to the hospital for ct scan that showed the cancer had returned originally). I have bad pain 24/7 in my lower pelvis and back due to the tumors that I am taking major pain meds for. However, the pain when I urinate is unbearable. It starts towards the end of urination and lasts about 2 minutes. Only way to describe it is severe burning, stabbing pain. My oncologist has referred me to OHSU for treatment options...but still waiting for that appointment to be set up. I am wondering what any of you have experienced with this type of pain and what, if anything, helped it. My main pain meds (oxycontin, with dilaudid or percocet for breakthrough pain) does nothing for the urination pain.) My bladder has begun not holding much urine at all anymore, so I have to go through this pain every half hour or so! I'm going nuts from the pain, and hope some of you can offer me some suggestions. Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread