It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2012, 02:39 PM   #1
(female)

Jasmom HB User
Question Bladder cancer?

I need advice. The last few times I went to my gyn she said I have trace blood in my urine. This started about 2 yrs ago. I never thought much about it. For about a week I've been having pressure in my lower stomach and sometimes feels like my bladder would cramp when urinating. Yesterday I went to the e.r. Because of pain in lower left abdomen. They did a urine test which came back fine, no blood,blood work that was good, and a ct without contrast on abdomen and pelvis. They said no stones and everything looked good and think everything is coming from my lower back. I'm not so sure. Today I feel like I have irritation in the urinary tract. I don't have an infection. I'm scared of bladder cancer. I'm a 45 yr old female and I smoke. After all the tests I had at the hospital can I feel pretty safe it's not cancer or should I go to a urologist? I'm having anxiety over this. I'd appreciate any advice.

Old 08-12-2012, 11:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User
Re: Bladder cancer?

It's unlikely that you've had bladder cancer for two years and are just now getting symptoms. But if you see a urologist and have a cystoscopy, you will at least have checked out the bladder and if it's clean, that should put your fears to rest. Meanwhile, do work on quitting smoking...it's not too late to reduce your risk for bladder and other types of cancer.

Ruth

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread