It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2012, 11:42 AM   #1
(female)

cinba2004 HB User
going for CT scans

what is a turp? I am going for CT scans with and without contrast and an IVP on the 6/12/12...my doctor has already told me he is looking for bladder cancer.....I am terrified. Anyone out there recently diognosed with bladder cancer?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2012, 11:46 AM   #2
(male)

garryv HB User
Re: how long did it take to get bladder control after turp

hi, sorry , but a turp , is when the doctor surgically hollows out your prostate through the urethra , whether it be partial or complete . hope that answers your question .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2012, 05:14 AM   #3
(male)

David2 HB User
Re: how long did it take to get bladder control after turp

Hi Cinba,

I dont know if I am the right person to help you as I am a Man. Only to say that I have over the last year been diagnosed with Bladder Cancer, Had all the Scans and undergone all the treatment successfully following a diognosis of Bladder cancer, which is now fully cleared !!.

Firstly you ask what is a TURP. If you google "TURP" you will find a mass of information about it, basically it is an electrical seering of the neck of the bladder of any build up of "Crap" or obstructions; also other areas that the consultant is suspect of. It is not a painful procedure, but it has it's discomfort areas, also afterwards you will have to run to the "Loo" for a couple of weeks.

With regards to the scans, these are once again painless, they will highlight any suspect areas in the bladder. If suspect areas are found, then a biopsy will be taken later; this will be sent off to the lab for diognosis as to whether it is benign or malignant. If it is the latter, then you will be told, and a treatment plan will be given to you. If you read my profile, it may help you. Otherwise if you need any more help put in a friendship request and we can discuss your fears privately by email.
All I can say now you have time, so calm down and do your research, prior to any treatment, in order that you can ask your consultant the right questions and get the right treatment for yourself.

All the best, Kindest Regards.

David

Closed Thread