It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2012, 08:53 PM   #1
(female)

SUNNYJOKALLAND HB User
Question blood in urine and a nervous wreck

hopefully i can get some peice of mind here, i have had 3 confirmed urinalysis with blood in them, all 3 cultured with no bacteria. I have almost constant bladder pain, sometimes in the back/flank area, i stay tired now and not feeling well. The urologist sent urine for a NON GYN Cytology exam and was negative for detection of maligant cells, i had a CT of the pelvis/abd with IV contrast friday, i called the clinic since they have the final report of that but since the doctor is out until wed., noone will give me the results of that and i might add that i do see this doctor wed at 430pm for a cystoscopy at that time. I was once diagnosed with a kidney stone 17yrs ago and this pain is nothing like that was. I am a nervous wreck.....any ideas????

Last edited by SUNNYJOKALLAND; 12-03-2012 at 09:53 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2012, 10:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User
Re: blood in urine and a nervous wreck

Well, the cystoscopy would show if you've got a bladder tumor, but it also sounds like it could very possibly be a kidney stone. I'm afraid you're going to have to wait for the results of the tests. If it's any help, I do think it's more likely to be a kidney stone than anything else.

Ruth

Last edited by SamQKitty; 12-03-2012 at 10:06 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Mandolyn HB UserMandolyn HB User
Re: blood in urine and a nervous wreck

Sunny- did you ever find out what was going on? My husband had blood in his urine for 7 years. YES 7 years... and it was only once in a while.. not all the time. But then one day he pretty much BLED urine and there were clots and everything and that is what convinced him to go to a doctor. He found out he had bladder cancer, but PRAISE GOD the tumor was very very small. They were actually amazed at how small it was, there were two tumors actually, both small. They said after 7 years it should've been the size of a grapefruit. They took them out and he has been cancer free since. I hope you got some results! And don't let doctors throw you around-- demand some answers!

Reply Reply