It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bladder Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2013, 09:41 AM   #1
(female)

millita HB User
bladder cancer

My husband developed bladder cancer 2 year after bone graft for a tooth implant. By the time the cancer was diagnosed it was stage 4. He died 22 months later after receiving chemo, removal of bladder, more chemo, radiation and a colostomy (cancer spread to rectum). Could the bone graft been contaminated with cancer cells? He was 69, and previous to this was in good health. Thanks.

Old 04-21-2013, 07:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User
Re: bladder cancer

No, I don't think the bone graft could have had anything to do with his bladder cancer...it was probably just an unfortunate coincidence.

Bladder cancer does not typically spread first to the bones, and if a donor had cancer in the bones, it would already have been so advanced that the person would not have been a potential donor.

Secondly, if the grafting was done in a tooth, and there was cancer in the graft material, the first place it would have spread to would have been somewhere in the head/neck...not the bladder.

I'm so sorry to hear that your husband died of this cancer. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Ruth

The following user gives a hug of support to SamQKitty:
millita (04-25-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2013, 06:31 AM   #3
(female)

millita HB User
Re: bladder cancer

Thank you for you reply, your information makes sense to me and I am sure you are right. Millita

Reply Reply