It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Bone Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2003, 01:40 PM   #1
Inactive

hope1220 HB User
Post what can they do for bone cancer?

My dad is in terrible pain. Now the pain is in his jaw bone. We aren't sure if it is cancer but more than likely it is. He says the pain radiates from his temple to the middle of his chin just throbbing. At the moment he can barely eat soup!! Does anyone know what the dr. can do or if there is anything they can do once the cancer has spread to the bones? He is taking so much pain medication so much I can't believe he still is able to stay awake at all!!! Also, now that my mom see's how fast my dad is going down it seems she is trying really hard to hang on. She gets up out of bed several times now to sit in the living room with him even if he is just dozing. It is so sad - since Dad's back started hurting he hasn't been able to take care of mom and so someone has been staying with them all the time. They are used to being a private couple and now SOMEone is always in their house. We try to give them privacy but you can't get very far because at the drop of a pin mom can be feeling fine and the next minute she will be heaving in a trash can and dad just isn't fast enough to get the trash can up there. I just don't know how much more any of us can take. It is literally hurting my heart everyday.

Old 03-11-2003, 01:27 PM   #2

Karma1976 HB User
Are they doing radiation??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2003, 08:17 AM   #3
Inactive

hope1220 HB User
No they aren't doing radiation. I asked about that and the onc. said that there were just too many lesions to hit with radiation. Several vert., his hip and we believe maybe his jaw bone (Temporandibular joint ) He hasn't had a head scan only chest scan. He is taking chemo to try and reduce the size of some of the tumors.

Closed Thread